Antowain Smith returns to NWE - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Antowain Smith returns to NWE

Moderator: Football Moderators

Antowain Smith returns to NWE

Postby RubeRiot » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:00 am

Do players usually play better when they return to face an old team because they have something to prove...or do you think the advantage goes to the old team because they know the players strengths/weaknesses?

Example:
Antowain Smith returns to NWE this week. Will he have a good game, or do you think NWE will shut him down? (for the reason mentioned above)

(obviously the new team of the player, and the role they play on that team, will have something to do with this, but you get the idea)

RubeRiot
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby umphrey » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:05 am

I don't think there is a strong correlation either way.
umphrey
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mikus » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:24 am

what does "NWE" stand for?
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby daullaz » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:47 am

mikus wrote:what does "NWE" stand for?

NeW England
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SniperShot » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:58 am

Antowain Smith will want to have a good game for sure just to laugh at "NWE" for getting rid of him. But overall I dont think he will do much because he is not a great back. Plus the "NWE" run defense is much better than their pass defense so I don't think Smith will do much this week.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby ateam » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:55 pm

LOL, w/ the Pats running sit., I thought he was Dillon's new "handcuff of the week", when I saw the thread.

A more important question is, with ATrain on board, and Stecker, does it make sense to own a NO RB in coming weeks?
I hate LJ Smith!
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:39 pm

yeah as an Antwan Owner i am worried about the whole situation. I think that there is a defintely rbbc forming. Hopefully Smith can still get his 15 carries a game but i dont see much good coming out of this fantasy football wise in the coming weeks.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Kilroy » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:20 pm

I think Smith will get the majority of the touches as long as he continues to produce (100+ vs. the Bears is nothing to sneeze at.) He's probably on a pretty short leash though.

I think the A-Train signing was more for depth than anything, especially since NO cut Jesse Fhatman.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby converge241 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:24 am

SniperShot wrote:Antowain Smith will want to have a good game for sure just to laugh at "NWE" for getting rid of him. But overall I dont think he will do much because he is not a great back. Plus the "NWE" run defense is much better than their pass defense so I don't think Smith will do much this week.

thats kind of an illusion..the run defense looks better because its been so easy to pass on them that teams go pass more
Black and Gold through and through
The Six Time Super Bowl CHAMPIONS
converge241
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby zombiez » Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:38 pm

Yes it does give some added inspiration to play against a team that cut you when all you did was perform for them, and New Englands Defense sucks in general, run or pass...I look for him to have a great day against his old team
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Return to Football Talk