Waiver Wire/FA Priority? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Waiver Wire/FA Priority?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Waiver Wire&FA Priority?

My league uses Waiver Wire/FA Priority - I like it!
74%
My league uses WW/FA priorty - I think it sucks!
11%
My league doesn't use WW/FA priority - I wish it would
No votes
My league doesn't use WW/FA priority - Thank God!
11%
What is WW/FA priority???
5%

Total votes : 19

Postby Matthias » Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:14 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:I like having WW priority.... But, I work 7 days a week... On Sundays I am usually working my second job, and often times only get to watch the late game... It sucks if you miss out on the good pick-ups only because your computer access is limited on the weekends, or immediately following the games.... Truly competitive leagues should offer a fair chance for everyone to pick up players, and not rely on whoever has the most time on the internet....

agreed.

and, in some workspaces, access to all fantasy material and websites is firewalled. so if someone breaks their ankle in practice and their backup instantly becomes that week's starter, it's not indicative of anything other than access that one person could snatch them up an hour later.

to the extent that fantasy football rewards knowledge and acumen, i don't believe that is reflected in having instantaneous pickups but rather it can be reflected by more long-term planning and attention. in my baseball league, we changed it from instantaneous pickups to waivers running every night at 3am. so you had to be on your toes a little bit... if you missed the news monday, may be too late tuesday. but you didn't have 12 idiots sitting on rotoworld hitting refresh all day, either.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby saundman2000 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:19 pm

Redskins Win wrote:Waiver pickups are players that have been dropped and have to go through a waiver period in that time if a couple owners opt to pick that guy up then the person with highest waiver position wins.
I think this topic is regarding FA pickups. In which case it's first come first serve. May the smartest and fastest owner win. Does it suck yes, but it's all part of the game. Who'd ever thunk samkon gado would be this crazy FA beast.

You're right that I'm talking about the priority list coming into play for players that have been dropped to the WW AS WELL AS all other Free Agent pickups. Thats why I think it sucks.. perhaps in most leagues WW pickups are treated differently than FA pickups?
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Matthias » Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:22 pm

saundman2000 wrote:You're right that I'm talking about the priority list coming into play for players that have been dropped to the WW AS WELL AS all other Free Agent pickups. Thats why I think it sucks.. perhaps in most leagues WW pickups are treated differently than FA pickups?

no, they're not. not in fantasy football, anyways.

in the majority of football leagues, free agents are frozen at the start of sunday's games. and then they're all collectively put on waivers until tuesday or wednesday to give everyone a crack at them. so what you're really talking about is, "free agent pickups off of waivers" if you want to really split hairs on it. or you can just call it the "waiver wire" since the term has become interchangeable, anyways.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk