Current low-stock top recieving backs? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Current low-stock top recieving backs?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Current low-stock top recieving backs?

Postby guest » Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:54 pm

I really want to deal Jamal Lewis to get a better back that's probably gonna have a more consistent year. My league gives a point per reception, 20 yards for a point, and 6 for TDs, so it obviously favors guys who'll catch the ball and score TDs. The only guys I can think of who'll catch more than Lewis are, but don't have high value now are:

Faulk, Alexander, Henry. I'm worried about whether or not Lewis is gonna have a huge year this year. Remember, this is his 2nd year returning from surgery.

Also, would anybody really be willing to do 1 for 2's and stuff? I for one don't think Jamal's gonna be performing this well week in week out, but will somebody pay way inflated prices?

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby moltenman » Tue Sep 16, 2003 6:11 pm

Garner had an off week. He gets tons of receptions and decent TD numbers.
moltenman

Friendliness: %

Postby awwchrist » Tue Sep 16, 2003 6:33 pm

Id try and trade for Faulk, Ahman Green, Barber, Garner, Tomlinson.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jeru » Wed Sep 17, 2003 12:58 am

If you can get either Faulk or LT for Lewis straight up, I would do that. Faulk catches more passes than LT, but is also a much riskier guy to have. Shawn Alexander straight up for him too would be worth considering, but if you want consistency, he might not be the best bet.

If it comes down to getting Ahman Green, Barber, or Garner, they are all at about the same level as Lewis in most rankings I've seen. (Garner is lower, but you have to upgrade him in 1 point for reception leagues). If you are going to trade Lewis for one of those guys, I'd look for a second player thrown into the deal given Lewis's current sky high value, maybe a solid WR upgrade or the like.
jeru
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Football Talk