is l. coles the real deal? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

is l. coles the real deal?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby pfphlyerz » Tue Sep 16, 2003 6:40 pm

Me thinks both Ramsey and Coles are the real deal!
Standard Scoring, NO PPR
pfphlyerz
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bukoski77 » Tue Sep 16, 2003 6:46 pm

I thought he would be hard pressed to match last years numbers at best without Pennington throwing him the ball. In one of my leagues, I drafted D. Driver ahead of him. The defeneding league champ captain co#$sucker then snickered at me and drafted Coles. Coles is playing and Driver is out as I play captain co$%suckers team this week. So as the fantasy gods like to mock me, yes he is the real deal and I was wrong.
"At 60 yards it wont be a record FG distance, It will however set a record for longest post field goal celebration if Gramatica makes it."

Al Michaels, in reference to a Gramatica 60YRD field goal attempt week 5(2003 season) of Monday Night Football.
Bukoski77
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Transmogrifier » Tue Sep 16, 2003 8:11 pm

frosty wrote:
Transmogrifier wrote:But top ten? Everyone here just told me to trade him for Willy Green.... should I regret it?

Yikes. 8-o

Does that mean you would NOT have traded Coles for Green?
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby neyd » Tue Sep 16, 2003 11:32 pm

I read a report that came out training camp and it stated the coles set the standard for the wr workouts. Spurries loves this guy, says just seeing him workout makes all other wr's want to try harder. So I figure if the coach like him, he'll get opportunities. I think Ramsey is the real big surprise. I drafted with a plan and coles was part of that plan. I'm 2-0 so far.
neyd
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby mtarail » Tue Sep 16, 2003 11:37 pm

Yeah, he's the real deal. But I'd rather have Green than Coles. A good RB is hard to pickup in a trade.
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
Vince Lombardi
mtarail
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Orange and Blue » Wed Sep 17, 2003 3:58 am

Coles is the real deal. Ramsey is the real deal. Spurrier loves racking up lots and lots of points. As a result, both Ramsey and Coles will wind up racking lots and lots of points.
CP:TD::Sanders:Smith
Orange and Blue
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby KnightWhoSaysNi » Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:07 am

I will never forgive the Jets for letting Laverneous go; he was drafted to replace Keyshawn Johnson and the Jets were heavily criticized for taking him so late (I think that was the year they had four first-round picks and took Ellis, Abraham, and Pennington way before Coles, or any receiver for that matter). After last year we were all saying, "Keyshawn who?" Coles is just one of those guys who can make average quarterbacks look good and good quarterbacks look great.

After losing Coles to the Redskins and Pennington to an injury we've gone from playoff hopefuls to looking at an early first round pick next year

KwsN
KnightWhoSaysNi Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Transmogrifier » Wed Sep 17, 2003 9:06 am

mtarail wrote:Yeah, he's the real deal. But I'd rather have Green than Coles. A good RB is hard to pickup in a trade.

Good, because with all this praise, I was getting worried! :)
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby maddog60 » Wed Sep 17, 2003 12:11 pm

I'm surprised it took people this long to wise up to Coles. I've had him in the past 2 fantasy football years I've played and he's simply one of the most under-rated players in ff. He's an every week starter if you have him, because if you don't you'll regret it.
maddog60

Friendliness: %

Postby mtarail » Wed Sep 17, 2003 2:13 pm

It probably just took al of the rest of us awhile because we're so much stupider than you. But thanks for your wisdom. ;-)
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
Vince Lombardi
mtarail
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Football Talk