Any keeper potential for Ricky Williams? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Any keeper potential for Ricky Williams?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Any keeper potential for Ricky Williams?

Postby thriftyrocker » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:40 pm

Does Ricky Williams have any keeper potential? Will he ever be a feature back again? Has his body & running style changed so much (and his heart not in it enough), that he will never be able to be the workhorse he used to be? I have him at the end of my bench in case something happens during the offseason, just as bait for trading for picks, but maybe the chances of that strategy working are too minute?
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bwagner112 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:48 pm

I think any value he may have is dependant on what happens to him in the off season. If he stays in Miami, he is likely to have the same role, if not worse next season, as Brown improves. think he is still a quality back and the rest of this season along with a full training camp next season should probably get him back to 90% of what he once was, which is pretty damn good. If he manages to get out of Miami and gets an opportunity to start somewhere, he could have great value, but that won't likely be known for sometime. It seems like Saban likes having him around and would be reluctant to let him go.
bwagner112
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby boyz35 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:35 pm

As a starter with a new team he'd be a keeper obviously. With Miami he's still worth a reserve spot.
boyz35
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Arlo » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:11 pm

RBs who might wind up as full-time starters are always nice to have on your roster heading into the off-season, and Williams isn't a bad choice. I wouldn't make great sacrifices in order to have him on my roster, but as an end-of-the-bench player, I'd say his reward/risk ratio will be better than most players you could have.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk