yahoo top 50 teams - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

yahoo top 50 teams

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby MMH » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:05 pm

I would be up there if my league didnt reward return yards. I have 1194 points over 10 games with a 10-0 record. Annoyingly I have no returners...

I just drafted realy smart, its a competative league (14 teams) but thanks to some smart drafting and some great advice from here I have managed to create a top notch team.

When draft day came I had the number 1 pick for the first time so of course I picked Tomlinson. After this I used my strategy of getting a solid trio at WR and worried about filling my QB and RB needs later.

I managed to pick up Terrell Owens, Chad Johnson and Steve Smith in the next 3 rounds and got JJ Arrington in the 5th (Ok so my draft wasnt THAT perfect)

Bagged my QB in the 9th round, Kurt Warner who was dependable enough combined with Josh McCown and managed to pick up Willie Parker and Mike Anderson off FA

Since then I managed to trade Randel El and Wiggins for Gonzo whos owner had gave up on him (dont forget Randel El has value in return leagues) and traded Willie Parker for Kevin Jones

Add the Chicago D, Matt Stover and Eric Moulds and I think my team has worked out quite well. I also managed to get Lamont Jordan and traded him away for Eli Manning which may look a poor trade but its upgraded my QB position somewhat

My team now is...

QB Eli Manning, Kurt Warner

RB Ladanian Tomlinson, Mike Anderson, Samko Gado, Duce Staley, Kevin Jones

WR Terrell Owens, Chad Johnson, Steve Smith, Eric Moulds

TE Tony Gonzalez

K Matt Stover

D Chicago

Its my best team ever in FF thansk to some hard work, good advice and some luck. Sadly with the TO situation may luck may be running out. :-t
MMH
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Wesley Walker » Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:35 pm

Winning some Yahoo public leagues is like going back to 1st grade as a 20-something and dominating the dodge ball game.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby LouisC9999 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:50 pm

Wesley Walker wrote:Winning some Yahoo public leagues is like going back to 1st grade as a 20-something and dominating the dodge ball game.

I couldn't have 'said' it better.
LouisC9999
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BrutallyHuge » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:11 pm

My best Public Yahoo team:

QB: Palmer
RB: L. Tomlinson, L. Johnson
WR: Holt, Fitzgerald, Galloway
TE: H. Miller
K: Rackers
DEF: Pittsburgh

Bench: L. Jordan, J. Smith, Roy Williams, M. Moore, K. McCardell, and some other scrubs.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby thriftyrocker » Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:04 pm

The best public league draft I had was getting LT, Portis, Moss, SJax, Gonzo in that order. On top of that, I managed to trade Dallas Clark for Palmer before the season started, as well as pick Anderson, Galloway, and Gado off waivers.

My highest scoring public league team came from getting SA, Owens, Harrison, Witten, Dunn, in that order - believe it or not. Rds 7-10 were Brady, Larry, Steve, Caddy. Somehow got Colts, Plummer, Bulger, Wayne, and Miller, not to mention Rackers off waivers in that league. Dudes be droppin Bulger!?
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Previous

Return to Football Talk