Top 10 FF QB's - 2006 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Top 10 FF QB's - 2006

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby black_hawk8888 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:12 pm

I actually think Palmer may be #1 and Manning #2. I'm not saying Carson is a better QB, but his team will need him to pass more. Manning has a terrific defense and a great running game that grinds games out once the Colts are comfortably ahead. Palmer's defense does not put teams away and they rely on Palmer to throw a lot. This is very similar to the Colts and Manning of the last few years (excluding 2005). Not because of skill but because of necessity and opportunity.

Once the Bengal's D comes around I think you see Palmer with fewer attempts and lessened value but until then I can see him being the #1 FF QB. Peyton has shown he can set TD records, but now he's showing how to manage a team and win games ;-D
Major props to the sig master. Deluxe is da man!
black_hawk8888
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Still staring in horror as Palmer's knee buckles on the 2nd snap of the game...

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:41 am

J2thez929 wrote:Here is my list

1. P. Manning
2. C. Palmer
3. M. Bulger
4. K. Collins
5. D. McNabb
6. E. Manning
7. B. Favre(if he play another year)
8. T. Brady
9. J. Delhomme
10. M. Vick

Wow, no Drew Brees, eh? And I guess you're writing off Culpepper at this point, too.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby UNDEFEATED » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:24 am

bwagner112 wrote:I have been working on an article going over the top 10 QBs RBs and WRs for 2006 and this is what I have so far for QBs:

P. Manning: While his numbers have declined considerably compared to last year, he is still the cream of the crop. With the current game plan in Indy, 400 yards and 4 TDs week after week are a thing of the past, but who knows what the Colts will be like next year. His talent and ability alone keep him ahead of the pack.

Palmer: Carson has matured nicely in the explosive Cincinnati offense. He has plenty of weapons around him and a firm offensive line. Marvin Lewis has supreme confidence in his ability to hit the deep pass, and will continue to let him air it out. He has stayed away from mistakes this season and there is no reason to believe that won’t continue in 2006. As far as his overall value, his propensity for a huge game is rivaled only by his consistency.

Brady: Long underrated as a Fantasy QB, Brady has finally been statistically fantasy worthy in 2005, posting solid numbers game after game. As the rushing attack will be met with some level of uncertainty headed into 2006, Brady will be forced to win more games with his arm, and should respond with even better numbers.

Bulger: His detractors will point out his injury history and his common habit of throwing the ball to the other team, but few can argue with his accuracy and offensive arsenal. As long as the core offensive players remain intact in St. Louis for 2006, Bulger should have his best season to date. Even with the potential departure of Martz and the obvious decline of the pass first offense, Jackson should improve and keep defenses honest, opening up the secondary for the deep ball.

D. McNabb: This year’s injuries and lack of Terrell Owens will cause McNabb to drop from the permanent position he has held among the top 3 fantasy QBs for a few years. McNabb was a top notch fantasy performer well before Owens arrived on the scene and will likely remain that way after he is gone. Philly should make moves in the off-season to bolster the running attach which will bode well for McNabb in 2006.

6-10:

E. Manning
Hasselbeck
Plummer
Delhomme
Brees

Out of the Top Ten:
Favre
Culpepper
Bledsoe
Brunell
Leftwich
Roethlisberger
Brooks
Green

HOW IN THE HELL COULD YOU NOT INCLUDE KERRY COLLINS in this article?
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby UNDEFEATED » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:25 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:

1. P. Manning
2. C. Palmer
3. M. Bulger
4. K. Collins
5. D. McNabb
6. E. Manning
8. T. Brady
9. J. Delhomme
10. M. Vick

Wow, no Drew Brees, eh? And I guess you're writing off Culpepper at this point, too.

Triple D's

Cpep's injury has him out for 12 months.

I am surprised by Vick.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby TheRawDAWG » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:19 am

UNDEFEATED wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:

1. P. Manning
2. C. Palmer
3. M. Bulger
4. K. Collins
5. D. McNabb
6. E. Manning
8. T. Brady
9. J. Delhomme
10. M. Vick

Triple D's

Cpep's injury has him out for 12 months.

I am surprised by Vick.

Last I heard he's "only" out for 6-9 months and he didn't tear the PCL like was originally thought. I may be mistaken on this but i don't think so. I think C-pepp may have the best value of any QB next year if he's taken out of the top ten.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:22 am

If I was going to speculate:

1) P. Manning
2) C. Palmer
3) M. Bulger
4) J. Delhomme
5) K. Collins
6) T. Brady
7) D. McNabb
8) D. Culpepper (if he's ready to go on opening day)
9) D. Brees
10) E. Manning

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheRawDAWG » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:24 am

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/f ... urgery.ap/

Says he'll be ready for the start of training camp. He did apparently have all 3 tears so i was wrong about that...but i was right about the important thing....He'll be ready to start the year. Hopefully in ARIZONA!!

Edited to include my list:

1. Peyton Manning (until Palmer does it consistently he can't be tops)

2. Carson Palmer (have all faith they will get a deal in place for CJ)

3. Bulger (still has a ton of weapons. running game will take some pressure off.)

4. Kerry Collins (Randy will have to be healthy again one of these years.)

5. Culpepper (that nice shiny red uni will do wonders for him :-D . Just don't want him back in Minny. And maybe they don't want that either.)

6. Brady (proving he can do it with his arm...and next year he's going to have to.)

7. Eli Manning (struggling of late but will work everything out for next year. NEXT year is the coming out party)

8. Bledsoe (T.O. is always good for at least one year. and Bledsoe will keep chucking him the ball. Meshawn and TO in the same locker room? Thats going to be tough.)

9. McNabb (has NO weapons. You guys thought Trash and Stinkston sucked? Wait till next year. The beginning of the end for the Eagles.)

10. Byron Leftwich (Matt Jones has the skills and remember he's just learning. Next year he will be a true #1 WR. And Leftwich and him are going to tune up the last 7 weeks against garbage teams for next year.)
Last edited by TheRawDAWG on Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:29 am

Boy - as someone who cant stand the Queens - I really hope Culpepper comes back as soon as possible. I was so mad that he was injured the week before DET was gonna tee off on him - dang.

Brad Johnson is clearly the better QB - anyone who has watched MIN play this yr with even half an objective viewpoint knows this is the truth. But hey - of course they have staked their future in CPepp - much to my delight - so as Cpepp goes, so go the Queens. Get well soon Daunte. ;-D
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:49 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Boy - as someone who cant stand the Queens - I really hope Culpepper comes back as soon as possible. I was so mad that he was injured the week before DET was gonna tee off on him - dang.

Brad Johnson is clearly the better QB - anyone who has watched MIN play this yr with even half an objective viewpoint knows this is the truth. But hey - of course they have staked their future in CPepp - much to my delight - so as Cpepp goes, so go the Queens. Get well soon Daunte. ;-D

So, do you attribute all of Minnesota's success over the past several years to Randy Moss? If that's the case, then why is Oakland so utterly terrible? I know Moss has been injured, but he was injured much of last year, as well, when the Vikes made it through to the second round of the playoffs.... The Raiders have a better RB than Minnesota has had in a decade, and better #2 and #3 wideouts... If Moss is the type of player that single-handedly is capable of raising a team's performance to a playoff level, then why do the Raiders suck so bad?

I'm not suggesting that Culpepper is an elite QB, I'm just wondering if we can truly attribute all of his past successes to Randy Moss... And if not, then to whom are we to give the credit for Culpepper's stud years?

Just a thought.

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheRawDAWG » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:06 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Boy - as someone who cant stand the Queens - I really hope Culpepper comes back as soon as possible. I was so mad that he was injured the week before DET was gonna tee off on him - dang.

Are you kidding me? Minny had more points than yards in the first half last week. Minny is better cause the ST have stepped up and the running game and Def has stepped up in different games. Johnson is NOT the better QB. I don't know what C-pepps problem was this year but it can't all be on him.

BTW, the lions staked their future in Harrington, How's that working for ya? :-b
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk