Top 10 FF QB's - 2006 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Top 10 FF QB's - 2006

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:29 am

Plindsey88 wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Boy - as someone who cant stand the Queens - I really hope Culpepper comes back as soon as possible. I was so mad that he was injured the week before DET was gonna tee off on him - dang.

Brad Johnson is clearly the better QB - anyone who has watched MIN play this yr with even half an objective viewpoint knows this is the truth. But hey - of course they have staked their future in CPepp - much to my delight - so as Cpepp goes, so go the Queens. Get well soon Daunte. ;-D



So, do you attribute all of Minnesota's success over the past several years to Randy Moss? If that's the case, then why is Oakland so utterly terrible? I know Moss has been injured, but he was injured much of last year, as well, when the Vikes made it through to the second round of the playoffs.... The Raiders have a better RB than Minnesota has had in a decade, and better #2 and #3 wideouts... If Moss is the type of player that single-handedly is capable of raising a team's performance to a playoff level, then why do the Raiders suck so bad?

I'm not suggesting that Culpepper is an elite QB, I'm just wondering if we can truly attribute all of his past successes to Randy Moss... And if not, then to whom are we to give the credit for Culpepper's stud years?

Just a thought.


Well - I guess it really depends on what you call success.

Cpepp has been the Queens starting QB since 2000 and their record since then is 43-46. I guess I dont consider that all that successful. They made the playoffs in 2000 with their best season under Cpepp, but they havent come close to repeating that since - only sneaking into the playoffs last yr with a .500 record.

You know Im not going to pin Ws and Ls to a QB let alone a WR. There are way too many other factors - just like whats happening in OAK right now.

If you ask me if I attribute MOST of MIN's OFFENSIVE success over the last handful of yrs to Randy Moss then my answer would probably be yes.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5924
Joined: 7 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:34 am

TheRawDAWG wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Boy - as someone who cant stand the Queens - I really hope Culpepper comes back as soon as possible. I was so mad that he was injured the week before DET was gonna tee off on him - dang.

Brad Johnson is clearly the better QB - anyone who has watched MIN play this yr with even half an objective viewpoint knows this is the truth. But hey - of course they have staked their future in CPepp - much to my delight - so as Cpepp goes, so go the Queens. Get well soon Daunte. ;-D


Are you kidding me? Minny had more points than yards in the first half last week. Minny is better cause the ST have stepped up and the running game and Def has stepped up in different games. Johnson is NOT the better QB. I don't know what C-pepps problem was this year but it can't all be on him.

BTW, the lions staked their future in Harrington, How's that working for ya? :-b


Yes - I do place the lack of offense this yr on Culpepper. I think he is inaccurate and cannot read defenses well. I was called names countless times for trying to get people to realize this this preseason, and I have never waivered. I thought that anyone who objectively watched a MIN game this yr would agree with me. He is not a good QB - I dont know how else to say it.

What possible reason would you bring up Joey and the Lions? Does that have any relevance to this topic whatsoever?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5924
Joined: 7 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:20 am

What I find most interesting about this thread is the fact that Marc Bulger is consistently in the top three (with one #4) on everyone's list, yet he never gets any real discussion.

I picked this guy up years back when Warner got hurt. I've had him on my roster every year since, including a couple where I've had to cut him from my keeper list and redraft him. Nobody in my league will trade for him, nobody will draft him and nobody gives him a moment's thought even though he's been a top five QB since he took over in St. Louis. I'm pretty happy with that! ;-D
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Postby SportsLitter » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:25 am

I had Bulger targeted in my draft. Someone snatched him up right before my pick. Bulger is very consistent and plays for an offensive minded team. He will be top 5 as long as he's playing in StL.
Sports Highlight Videos - Now Featuring [url=http://www.mvpflix.com/2006/09/reggie-bush-highlight-video/]Reggie Bush[/url]
[url=http://www.mvpflix.com]http://www.mvpflix.com[/url]
SportsLitter
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 64
Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Postby Sprouse_1212 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:41 pm

I agree. I've got Bulger in several of my leagues and I am pleased with his production. I have him top three next year.

Manning
Palmer
Bulger
Eli (another year only makes him better, and has weapons)
Favre (if he plays)
Tom Brady
Donovan McNabb
Collins
Hasselback
Vick
Delhomme (sneaks into top ten if Favre retires)
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing!!!!!!
Sprouse_1212
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 259
Joined: 17 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Florida

Postby TheRawDAWG » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:15 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
TheRawDAWG wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Boy - as someone who cant stand the Queens - I really hope Culpepper comes back as soon as possible. I was so mad that he was injured the week before DET was gonna tee off on him - dang.

Brad Johnson is clearly the better QB - anyone who has watched MIN play this yr with even half an objective viewpoint knows this is the truth. But hey - of course they have staked their future in CPepp - much to my delight - so as Cpepp goes, so go the Queens. Get well soon Daunte. ;-D


Are you kidding me? Minny had more points than yards in the first half last week. Minny is better cause the ST have stepped up and the running game and Def has stepped up in different games. Johnson is NOT the better QB. I don't know what C-pepps problem was this year but it can't all be on him.

BTW, the lions staked their future in Harrington, How's that working for ya? :-b


Yes - I do place the lack of offense this yr on Culpepper. I think he is inaccurate and cannot read defenses well. I was called names countless times for trying to get people to realize this this preseason, and I have never waivered. I thought that anyone who objectively watched a MIN game this yr would agree with me. He is not a good QB - I dont know how else to say it.

What possible reason would you bring up Joey and the Lions? Does that have any relevance to this topic whatsoever?


Harrington was just a shot at the lions. They are playing the 'boys this week so i figured i'd throw a shot at you.

Well, i do agree Culpepper had a terrible time reading defences this year I don't think all the blame can be put on him. They had absolutely NO run game and the D sucked and so did the Oline. Teams where teeing off on C-pepp. He's not as bad as you are letting on. He still played well without Moss last year...this year is an abberation...
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1599
Joined: 16 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Up in Canada

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:15 pm

Well we'll see I guess. I agree that their running game and OLine added to his problems, but then again, I also predicted that would happen too. Moss helped their running game tremendously, so its really hasent been a suprise to see it suffer.

You know what the difference between the Lions and MIN's QB situation is? The Lions know they have a problem at QB, but the Queens think everything will be ok once Culpepper returns. Its still going to take them a couple years to realize how poor a QB he really is. The one caveat I make is if Williamson somehow turns into Moss - then Cpepp's issues will once again be overlooked.

As for your Joey shot - I see now - its all good. Should be an interesting game this Sunday. ;-D
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5924
Joined: 7 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Wizzle » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:13 pm

I know that college success doesnt necessarily convert to pro success. Doesn't C-pepp have the record for highest completion % in NCAA history though? Seems like he should be able to read defenses somewhat. Or did Moss just make it so easy that he didn't have to read defenses?
Wizzle
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 1452
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Certified Genius.

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:22 pm

Wizzle wrote:I know that college success doesnt necessarily convert to pro success. Doesn't C-pepp have the record for highest completion % in NCAA history though? Seems like he should be able to read defenses somewhat. Or did Moss just make it so easy that he didn't have to read defenses?


Well - thats pretty much the heart of it Wizzle. Moss would force an extra man or two to play deep, this in turn did a number of thing - it reduced the kind of defensive schemes they could play and it opened up the running game to name the majors. Cpepp's completion % was one of the highest in the league, but if you take a closer look, over 70% of his passes were dumpoffs to guys less than 10 yds downfield. In fact, his completion % fell drastically outside of 10 yds. It did pick back up to about 50% over 30 yds though (Moss territory). Basically, Cpepp never saw that many complex defensive schemes with Moss in the game and rarely did he ever have to rely on timing and accuracy - he was a dump or chuck QB. The other problem that complicates his troubles is that he wouldnt be what one would consider a brainiac - he had one of the lowest wonderlick scores for any QB - now all that implies is that he could be a slow learner - this might directly impact how quickly he learns how to read the new schemes he'll be facing without Moss.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5924
Joined: 7 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Wizzle » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:28 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
Wizzle wrote:I know that college success doesnt necessarily convert to pro success. Doesn't C-pepp have the record for highest completion % in NCAA history though? Seems like he should be able to read defenses somewhat. Or did Moss just make it so easy that he didn't have to read defenses?


Well - thats pretty much the heart of it Wizzle. Moss would force an extra man or two to play deep, this in turn did a number of thing - it reduced the kind of defensive schemes they could play and it opened up the running game to name the majors. Cpepp's completion % was one of the highest in the league, but if you take a closer look, over 70% of his passes were dumpoffs to guys less than 10 yds downfield. In fact, his completion % fell drastically outside of 10 yds. It did pick back up to about 50% over 30 yds though (Moss territory). Basically, Cpepp never saw that many complex defensive schemes with Moss in the game and rarely did he ever have to rely on timing and accuracy - he was a dump or chuck QB. The other problem that complicates his troubles is that he wouldnt be what one would consider a brainiac - he had one of the lowest wonderlick scores for any QB - now all that implies is that he could be a slow learner - this might directly impact how quickly he learns how to read the new schemes he'll be facing without Moss.


LOL, I'm not sure what commercial he is in, but its the one where he runs in from behind some boxes or something. He doesn't sound very bright when he speaks.
Wizzle
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 1452
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Certified Genius.

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 11:53 hours
(and 37 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact