Top 10 FF QB's - 2006 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Top 10 FF QB's - 2006

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:32 pm

Speaking of Bulger. Barring injuries and using standard 25 yards passing per point scoring (even with 4 point TDs), he hasn't scored less than 10 points in a game he started since the 2003 season.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:25 am

A question about Bulger:

With a new coach and a less pass heavy offensive gameplan, how does that affect Bulger in 2006, or doesnt it?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Wizzle » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:41 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:A question about Bulger:

With a new coach and a less pass heavy offensive gameplan, how does that affect Bulger in 2006, or doesnt it?

I was actually starting to think the same thing. If SJax value skyrockets next year, then it seems that Bulger would have to go down just a bit. I'm sure he would stay top 5 regardless.
Wizzle
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby Guru13 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:55 pm

and look noone beleived me about palmer at the beggining of the season, every time i said something about him being a top-5 QB, everyone just said, "no, he's an ok QB, that will put up ok numbers", well, what now?!?!?!?!, ahh, i love being right. :-)
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby maddog60 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:28 pm

It's possible Bulger slips out of the top 5, but it wouldn't be by much. I could see Manning, Palmer, McNabb, Eli, and someone nobody expected being the top 5, but more than likely Bulger is in the mix somewhere.

One thing I'm surprised is how far Brady has risen. Yes, he's passing for a ton of yards this year, but that seems primarily due to injuries in thr running game, and I have enough faith in their management to make the necessary off-season adjustments to be able to run the ball like they used to next year, bringing Brady back down to his 10-12 ranking status he usually had.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Wizzle » Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:37 pm

maddog60 wrote:

It's possible Bulger slips out of the top 5, but it wouldn't be by much. I could see Manning, Palmer, McNabb, Eli, and someone nobody expected being the top 5, but more than likely Bulger is in the mix somewhere.

One thing I'm surprised is how far Brady has risen. Yes, he's passing for a ton of yards this year, but that seems primarily due to injuries in thr running game, and I have enough faith in their management to make the necessary off-season adjustments to be able to run the ball like they used to next year, bringing Brady back down to his 10-12 ranking status he usually had.

Do you really think McNabb can be top 5 with that WR core?
Wizzle
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby TheRawDAWG » Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:35 pm

Wizzle wrote:
maddog60 wrote:

Do you really think McNabb can be top 5 with that WR core?

nope
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby TheRawDAWG » Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:42 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
Wizzle wrote:I know that college success doesnt necessarily convert to pro success. Doesn't C-pepp have the record for highest completion % in NCAA history though? Seems like he should be able to read defenses somewhat. Or did Moss just make it so easy that he didn't have to read defenses?

Well - thats pretty much the heart of it Wizzle. Moss would force an extra man or two to play deep, this in turn did a number of thing - it reduced the kind of defensive schemes they could play and it opened up the running game to name the majors. Cpepp's completion % was one of the highest in the league, but if you take a closer look, over 70% of his passes were dumpoffs to guys less than 10 yds downfield. In fact, his completion % fell drastically outside of 10 yds. It did pick back up to about 50% over 30 yds though (Moss territory). Basically, Cpepp never saw that many complex defensive schemes with Moss in the game and rarely did he ever have to rely on timing and accuracy - he was a dump or chuck QB. The other problem that complicates his troubles is that he wouldnt be what one would consider a brainiac - he had one of the lowest wonderlick scores for any QB - now all that implies is that he could be a slow learner - this might directly impact how quickly he learns how to read the new schemes he'll be facing without Moss.

I think you may have nailed it right there. Culpepper has never had to read defences so it may just be a shock to him having guys blitz him like crazy not having to worry about a running game or a Randy Moss. I think C-pepp will be fine when he comes back. Hopefully they fix the line and grab a RB from somewhere...or maybe the whizz can help.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk