more impressive than vasher's 108 yd return is... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

more impressive than vasher's 108 yd return is...

Moderator: Football Moderators

more impressive than vasher's 108 yd return is...

Postby mikefu » Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:22 pm

the three separate SF players brian urlacher knocked down during the return. in the replay, you can clearly see him running with the pack, then dropping back to throw a block, and then seemingly effortlessly sprinting back up to pack like he has a turbo jet on.
this guy is just an incredible athlete.

GO BEARS!
mikefu
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby J2thez929 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:38 pm

Congratz for B. Urlacher! Yaaaaah!
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: more impressive than vasher's 108 yd return is...

Postby Redskins Win » Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:55 pm

mikefu wrote:the three separate SF players brian urlacher knocked down during the return. in the replay, you can clearly see him running with the pack, then dropping back to throw a block, and then seemingly effortlessly sprinting back up to pack like he has a turbo jet on.

GO BEARS!

Yeah Homer to bad you don't get FFpoints for blocks :-t
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby onnestabe » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:36 pm

Redskins Win wrote:
mikefu wrote:the three separate SF players brian urlacher knocked down during the return. in the replay, you can clearly see him running with the pack, then dropping back to throw a block, and then seemingly effortlessly sprinting back up to pack like he has a turbo jet on.

GO BEARS!

You are right mikefu, I did notice him throwing a lot of blocks on that play, and if he didn't have the presence of mind to throw those blocks, they wouldn't have gotten the TD out of it.

The fact that you are a Bears fan doesn't diminish the quality of Urlacher's play... unfortunately some here at the Cafe think you aren't allowed to compliment the team you root for when they make a big play (I guess watching Chris Simms -the same guy who couldn't beat the 49ers- torch your team will make you a little bitter).

BTW, the Saints performed admirably during their bye week, managing not to lose a game ;-D .
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:58 pm

Redskins Win wrote:

GO BEARS!

I can see your point, the one on top of your head :-b , but to be fair he didn't mention a single thing about fantasy football. Once in awhile people like to talk about real life.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby saundman2000 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:12 pm

There are people claiming that some of the blocks on that play should have been clipping calls. I'm not sure if they are talking about Urlacher's blocks or not.

But, who cares! It was an awesome play and Urlacher did help, but Vasher was the one that really made it happen.

If he didn't do that pirowet (sp?) move on the 15 yard line, the play wouldn't have had a chance.

That is about the coolest play I have ever seen. Vasher's move reminded me of watching Barry Sanders play. Maybe they need to move him to offense!
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:24 pm

saundman2000 wrote:There are people claiming that some of the blocks on that play should have been clipping calls. I'm not sure if they are talking about Urlacher's blocks or not.

But, who cares! It was an awesome play and Urlacher did help, but Vasher was the one that really made it happen.

If he didn't do that pirowet (sp?) move on the 15 yard line, the play wouldn't have had a chance.

That is about the coolest play I have ever seen. Vasher's move reminded me of watching Barry Sanders play. Maybe they need to move him to offense!

A really slow, clumsy, drunk 80 year old Barry Sanders, but Barry Sanders nonetheless! :-D
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:30 pm

Nice observation. I also noticed that Urlacher was all over the field on that play, laying down blocks along the way. Solid effort! ;-D
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mystykoekaki » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:31 pm

So your telling me that Vasher shouldn't be commended on the return but Urlacher should because he tackles players on the play?
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mikefu » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:02 pm

Redskins Win wrote:

GO BEARS!

Hah yes I actually had the same thought when I made the post but this is really just about football. I didn't know where else to post it but my girlfriend didn't give a shit when I told her so I thought someone here might. ;)
mikefu
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk