more impressive than vasher's 108 yd return is... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

more impressive than vasher's 108 yd return is...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mikefu » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:08 pm

saundman2000 wrote:There are people claiming that some of the blocks on that play should have been clipping calls. I'm not sure if they are talking about Urlacher's blocks or not.

But, who cares! It was an awesome play and Urlacher did help, but Vasher was the one that really made it happen.

If he didn't do that pirowet (sp?) move on the 15 yard line, the play wouldn't have had a chance.

That is about the coolest play I have ever seen. Vasher's move reminded me of watching Barry Sanders play. Maybe they need to move him to offense!

Yeah I thought the very last block, (I think) Lance Briggs threw
could have been clipping on the kicker but it wouldn't have effected the play. Who knows if it was seen or not.
And I totally agree, that spin on the 15 dropped like seven guys as if they were dominoes! I've never seen anything like it, almost comical like the first quarter FG that took a sharp 45 mph turn west mid flight and missed by 50 ft.

and lol @ NO not losing on their bye week
mikefu
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mikefu » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:17 pm

mystykoekaki wrote:So your telling me that Vasher shouldn't be commended on the return but Urlacher should because he tackles players on the play?

Hah I'm sorry I guess my avatar offended you :(

No one could ever take away or "not commend" Vasher for his amazing 108 yd return, HIS name will be #1 in the NFL record book until someone returns 109 yds. I just love seeing guys do the small things that make the big plays happen.

I remember last year (maybe two years ago) a DB Roosevelt Williams intercepted a B Favre red zone pass at the end of the 2nd quarter and all that was between him, teammate RW McQuarters and the endzone was a Green Bay DE that managed to stay with them and instead of throwing a block, RW backed up and selfishly called for the lateral! Williams got tackled at the GB 10 or so and after RW fixed his sweet locks he made a bitch face like Williams should have shoveled him the ball. What an asshole! I'll never forget that.

Sorry if you read that whole thing =\[/b]
mikefu
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Goatwhacker » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:33 pm

Another great Bear return was Keith Traylor returning a pass for a TD with about 5 or 6 Bears practically holding him up (he weighs 350 or so). Traylor falls down in the endzone, everybody's jumping on him and he looks like he's just trying to take a breath without puking. I laughed my ass off and of course my wife thought I was insane - must be a wife/girlfriend thing.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mikefu » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:45 pm

HAHAH I remember that play! Actually I think he ran out of gas just before he made it to the endzone but Jimmy Miller (LOL!) turned it into a touchdown.
mikefu
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby footballchick23 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:53 pm

Urlacher did make some sic blocks! If you watch the replay, he throws some blocks, disappears from the screen while Vasher continues to run like 10 yards, then he's baaaaaack! I was just hoping Vasher didn't run out of gas...his legs looked like rubber that last 5 yards or so!

And I love that Traylor return...talk about running out of gas. Go big man, go!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dadd » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:37 pm

Urlacher is what stuck in my mind about that return as well.
The whole time I'm thinking Bobby Boucher is out there leading the Muddogs to the title.
He was manic is keeping up with the play and trying to clear the way for Vasher.
Dadd
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby onnestabe » Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:28 pm

Dadd wrote:Urlacher is what stuck in my mind about that return as well.
The whole time I'm thinking Bobby Boucher is out there leading the Muddogs to the title.
He was manic is keeping up with the play and trying to clear the way for Vasher.

Gaaaaaaatoooraaadee.....

Now that you mention it, those Bears uniforms were eerily similar to the Muddogs' :-D
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby boyz35 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:53 pm

Damn straight!
boyz35
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Azrael » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:58 pm

Didn't Chris McAlister do the same thing, same distance like 3 years ago against Denver?

EDIT: It was 107 yard return.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby George_Foreman » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:06 am

anyone know where i can see the highlight online?
George_Foreman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk