Chris Simms - how do U feel he'll do here out? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chris Simms - how do U feel he'll do here out?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Chris Simms - how do U feel he'll do here out?

Postby monkey69 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:45 pm

Hey all,

Watching Chris Simms over the past 3 weeks - it is hard to pin him down. Will he be the skittish QB that lost to SF else the QB that was clutch in the 4th quarter and threw 3 TD vs WAS?

His schedule is mixed from here out
ATL, CHI, NO, CAR, NWE, ATL

What do you all expect?
monkey69
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby benjapage » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:48 pm

'cept for chicago and carolina, i think he'll be serviceable in an emergency. galloway seems to be bailing out any of their mediocre options.

b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SniperShot » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:03 pm

i don't like Simms that much. The skins were without S.Taylor and their best passrusher Griffen so it was only right for him to do well and put up those numbers. Who knows though maybe he's emerging already.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Payne Dailey » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:32 pm

He's a decent backup in two QB leagues. Somewhere between Aaron Brooks and Brad Johnson.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:37 am

Simms has proven to be a decent backup option for now, but I wouldn't hope to count on him for serious production as this year comes to a close. The touchdowns may be there, but the turnovers likely will, too. Next season will be a very interesting one for Simms if he can at least finish out this year solid. The pedigree is there and the confidence appears to be there, as well. One can only wonder if Simms will have some real value in the 2006 season with the offense likely surrounding him.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby TreeRucker » Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:28 pm

i think if his last name wasn't sims he wouldn't even be in the NFL....he has an arm like pennington., and rattay is better .....we will be a one or 2 year player that is over and done with.....

patrick ramsey makes sims look awful
TreeRucker
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby markspe34 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:12 pm

dude i don't know where you get that...he throws a nice, accurate deep ball
markspe34
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby TreeRucker » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:11 pm

u watching the same games?????>.......he is not a nfl starting qb.....he may be ok for now, 1 or 2 years., done and out.......thanks
TreeRucker
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:34 pm

markspe34 wrote:dude i don't know where you get that...he throws a nice, accurate deep ball

I was just about to say, didn't he throw a really nice set of deep passes to Sheppard and Galloway? :-?
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby boyz35 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:49 pm

I would gamble on him for a week over say - Brees or Eli - if I needed a starting qb. I think of him like McCown when he starts - has the potential to put up Brett Favre type #s when hot.
boyz35
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Football Talk