Who is LTs backup??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who is LTs backup???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who is LTs backup???

Postby Emoney » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:58 pm

Just need quick clarification. In the depth chart it says Michael Turner, but i have also seen sproles, but he is listed for KR and PR. Was going to pick up his backup to get ready for playoffs. Thanks
Emoney
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Wizzle » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:07 pm

Turner

edit - You have to take into account that Sproles is 5'6" and 181 lbs. Doubt he could be a succesful every down back in the NFL
Wizzle
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby gogogadget » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:39 pm

Sproles will probably be the backup for turner if LT sits out a few games for whatever reason. He will get a few carries throughout the game. He won't get many TD's though. However, he gets some fantasy points now in my league because of his return yards. Add a few carries and he may be worth a roster spot.
"When I know nothing, the possibilities are endless."
gogogadget
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:32 pm

If LT misses time i would guess that Turner and sproles get carries but turner gets most of the work load. That is what they have done in the past anyway...
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby skibrett15 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:02 pm

Wow, third only to the preseason question of who is better KJ or JJ? Answer: neither. and the current question of Is it worth keeping TO/is he gonna go anywhere? The Who is LT's backup is a cafe filler staple!! Now all will wonder why i brought this gem back up from 15th on the list.

Turner is the backup, with Sproles getting as many carries as turner does now if LT goes down. Lorenzo Neal will also fit into the mix a little more around the goaline as he has been getting diversion work even with LT still in the game. If Lorenzo Neal wasn't so poor at goaline work, LT wouldn't be as good of a fantasy player. Turner.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby footballchick23 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:19 pm

skibrett15 wrote:
Turner is the backup, with Sproles getting as many carries as turner does now if LT goes down. Lorenzo Neal will also fit into the mix a little more around the goaline as he has been getting diversion work even with LT still in the game. If Lorenzo Neal wasn't so poor at goaline work, LT wouldn't be as good of a fantasy player. Turner.

No kidding! If Neal had moved his feet a little more and shown a little more second and third effort, the LT TD count would have been short 2 TD's...not a huge deal since he rakcs up at least 2 a game anyway.

Turner is LT's back-up, with Sproles rotating in and doing returns. The real question is the Chargers making the playoffs. They still play Indy Week 15 and the DEN and KC game Week 16 and 17 may very well decide the divison. I don't think LT will be sitting much this season.
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Football Talk