Better second half.. Westbrook or McGahee - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Better second half.. Westbrook or McGahee

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby ljthockey » Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:04 pm

Actual rushing yards its not even close. Mcgahee has doubled his with 856 to Westbrooks 414. So like we have all said with Mcnabb down Westbrook will get more carries but his recieving yards should go way down. Defesnes can now stack the box not having to worry about Mcnabb slinging it out or Owens gettting behind them deep.

I would much rather have Willis for this second half ;-D
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby sPoRtZsTuD2318 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:05 pm

Willis for sure.

"I got this [b]killa[/b] up inside of me
I can't talk to my mother so I talk to my diary"
sPoRtZsTuD2318
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:31 pm

ljthockey wrote:So like we have all said with Mcnabb down Westbrook will get more carries but his recieving yards should go way down. Defesnes can now stack the box not having to worry about Mcnabb slinging it out or Owens gettting behind them deep.

Based on the first game, you were dead wrong.

He had about the same amount of carries that he's had all season and he had about the same receiving yardage that he's had all season.

By the way, why in the world would defenses stack the box against a team that throws it 70% of the time? Doesn't make any sense to me.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Azrael » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:59 pm

McGahee
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Keyser_WV » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:19 am

RD 1 goes to Westbrook.

Westbrook - 66 rushing and 57 receiving = 11 points standard scoring

McGahee - 39 rushing and 2 receiving = 3 points standard scoring

I think this shows the difference in the two. Westbrook will consistently get you 10 points with a TD here and there.

McGahee will get you inconsistent numbers. This week he doesn't even get 40 yards but next week he may go for 100 and 2 TD's

I'm willing to bet that Westbrook matches him the rest of the year and provides more consistency to fantasy owners.
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Keyser_WV » Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:34 pm

patriots rule!!! wrote:good too hear people think mcgahee.. some fool excepted a trade westbrook for mcgahee.. i can't wait to have mcgahee yippie

I bet that fool is doing pretty well with Westbrook.

Round 1

Westbrook - 66 rushing and 57 receiving = 11 points standard scoring

McGahee - 39 rushing and 2 receiving = 3 points standard scoring

Round 2

Westbrook - 117 rushing and 11 receiving = 18 points standard scoring

McGahee - 53 rushing and 0 receiving = 5 points standard scoring

Total points through 2 rounds

Westbrook - 29

McGahee - 8

Everyone still so sure about McGahee being clearly better??
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby maddog60 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:11 pm

Keyser_WV wrote:I'm willing to bet that Westbrook matches him the rest of the year and provides more consistency to fantasy owners.

Well, Westbrook is still a little undervalued, and McGahee overvalued. In the end, they'll probably finish within 2 ranks of each other, which one ends up better is a lot more of a coinflip than most would think.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Keyser_WV » Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:18 pm

maddog60 wrote:
Keyser_WV wrote:I'm willing to bet that Westbrook matches him the rest of the year and provides more consistency to fantasy owners.

Well, Westbrook is still a little undervalued, and McGahee overvalued. In the end, they'll probably finish within 2 ranks of each other, which one ends up better is a lot more of a coinflip than most would think.

Yea, I thought so too but now I am beginning to wonder about McGahee. That's 3 stinkers in a row.

It's funny how us Fantasy players can be blinded by a big back with talent over a smaller versatile guy.
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby CC » Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:25 pm

Keyser_WV wrote:
maddog60 wrote:

Yea, I thought so too but now I am beginning to wonder about McGahee. That's 3 stinkers in a row.

It's funny how us Fantasy players can be blinded by a big back with talent over a smaller versatile guy.

Yea damn that size and talent combo it's a real killer.
If you watch the Bills it is not McGahee's fault, the offensive line looks atrocious and has a lot of trouble handling talented defensive linemen and has gotten worse since the season began. Add to that McGahee probably has at least 300 yards called back on unecessary holding penalties this year and his o-line is doing him a disservice.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Guru » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:42 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
Keyser_WV wrote:
maddog60 wrote:

Yea damn that size and talent combo it's a real killer.
If you watch the Bills it is not McGahee's fault, the offensive line looks atrocious and has a lot of trouble handling talented defensive linemen and has gotten worse since the season began. Add to that McGahee probably has at least 300 yards called back on unecessary holding penalties this year and his o-line is doing him a disservice.
Thats why situation is just as important if not more important then actual skill for a RB.

Mcgahee has skill but the bills offense is horrible so he just can't do much in that offense.

I think the last 2 weeks show just how much talent Westy has because the philly offense is pretty bad right now with no Mcnabb, no Owens, and 3 Offensive linemen out.
"Let's hug it out"
The Guru
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk