Ronnie Brown Projection - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ronnie Brown Projection

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ronnie Brown Projection

Postby Cowboy » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:22 pm

How do you think hell do the rest of the season with Ricky in the mix... I just traded Brady for him...
Cowboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guru13 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:42 pm

well, that may not have been a good move, depending on how deep you are at the Qb spot, and how desperate with RB's, but he should be ok, its not like they have the hardest schedule in the league, so he'll be alright, but i'd like to see your roster before i make any further assumptions...heh.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Cowboy » Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:36 pm

This has been the evolution of my team through out the season.... I tought I made a big move when I gave LJ (Holmes was healthy) Portis (He wasnt producing no TD's) Fitz (Boldin was healthy) and Witten for R. Moss (He was going to bounce back... isnt he??) TO (best reciever the drama hadnt begun) and Heiden (just to get him in the mix). And then Boom!!! all the Crapp happens...... Holmes goes down duh!!.... Portis starts to produce!!! Fitz is a top 5 WR and Witten continues to be Witten... then TO gets suspended and Moss hasnt explode like where used to..... so I made some adjustments and my last trade was RBrown... so here is my team from week 1 to the present... I hope I have caliber championship team!!!

Week 1-7
QB Palmer, Brady
WR Chad Johnson, Fitz, DJax
RB LJohnson, McGahee, Caddy, C.Perry, Portis
TE Witten
K Wilkins
DEF Chicago

Week 8-9
QB Palmer, Brady
WR Chad Johnson, Randy Moss, DJax, TO
RB McGahee, Perry, Caddy
TE Heiden
K Elam
DEF Carolina
(I made a trade just before Priest got hurt and the TO drama, I gave Fitz, Portis, LJ and Witten for RMoss, TO and Heiden)

Week 10
QB Palmer, Brady
WR Chad Jonson, RMoss, Djax, LEvans
RB McGahee, Caddy, Fred Taylor, SDavis
TE Heap
K Elam
DEF Carolina
(I managed to trade TO just before his suspension, he was just suspended for 1 game, but the rumors hadnt started. I gave TO and got Fred Taylor and SDavis)

Week 11My actual Team

QB Palmer
WR RMoss, Chad Johnson, DJax, TJ Housh
RB Caddy, Fred Taylor, SDavis, McGahee, Ronnie Brown
TE Heap
K Elam
Def Carolina

I made a trade today the deadline i gave Tom Brady and Lee Evans for RBrown and TJHoush (the owner had McNabb and Ben Roethlesberger)

Is my team better as the other weeks and especially better that at the beginning!!!
Cowboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Wizzle » Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:41 pm

Your RB situation could be better. I think there comes a point when you make too many moves though. I think you have to know when to draw the line. For example, my team was extremely stacked for a 16 teamer last year

Lefty
LT
Emmitt
CJ
Ward
Mason
Witten
Tynes
ATL D

I made a trade in whatever week I had bye week probs at QB
I traded Collins for McCown and it cost me the Super Bowl...I should have either tanked the week or picked up a worthless QB for my bye. (McCown got me like 4 points that week anyway...)
Wizzle
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby ljthockey » Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:09 pm

I wouldnt of done the trade if I were you, assuming you start 2 runningbacks I doubt there is very much times that you are going to start Ronnie.

Mcghaee should be your starter every week.

On most weeks I would rather have Cadillac, Stephen Davis and Fred Taylor(when healthy) in my lineup over Ronnie Brown.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby VaderFin » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:34 pm

ljthockey wrote:I wouldnt of done the trade if I were you, assuming you start 2 runningbacks I doubt there is very much times that you are going to start Ronnie.

On most weeks I would rather have Cadillac, Stephen Davis and Fred Taylor(when healthy) in my lineup over Ronnie Brown.

Caddy hasn't done jack squat since Week 3 and in no way should be a starter over Brown. I would start the other 2 over him however.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cowboy » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:04 am

Yeah we start two RB but also a Flex WR/RB and thats the slot that Im using Ronnie over Caddy.....

What you think??
Cowboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby ljthockey » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:11 am

VaderFin wrote:
ljthockey wrote:I wouldnt of done the trade if I were you, assuming you start 2 runningbacks I doubt there is very much times that you are going to start Ronnie.

Caddy hasn't done jack squat since Week 3 and in no way should be a starter over Brown. I would start the other 2 over him however.

Agreed he has done nothing since then but you have to take in account he was injured during that time. Its just my opinon Caddy has a better second half than Brown. Cadillac is back to full health and Grudens in love with him.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby VaderFin » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:43 am

ljthockey wrote:
VaderFin wrote:

Agreed he has done nothing since then but you have to take in account he was injured during that time. Its just my opinon Caddy has a better second half than Brown. Cadillac is back to full health and Grudens in love with him.

Caddy has been healthy for going on what 3 weeks now? And he still has done jack squat. 3 weeks he has been fine to play and hasn't had more then 30 yards rushing in any of them.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ActiOnJunkie76 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:56 pm

ljthockey wrote:
VaderFin wrote:

Also have you looked at browns numbers since week 3, hes been soild all year. Caddy had 3 good weeks, Brown is a way better back, thats why he got drafted at number 2 in the draft...

Its not uncommon for a rookie to get hot for a couple games then fall off, in hockey this happens all the time.Thats somthign to think about too.
Record 8-2-0 PF 960 12 Team Leauge
basic scoring
1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE 1 DST

QB Brees/E.Manning*
RB EDGE*
RB R.Brown*/M.Barber/G.Jones/C.taylor
WR T.Holt*
WR R.Moss*/Engram/R.Brown
TE J.WItten*
K N.Reckers*
DST Bears*
ActiOnJunkie76