How do you spend your Sunday? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

How do you spend your Sunday?

Moderator: Football Moderators

How do you spend your Sunday?

Postby Arlo » Sun Oct 06, 2002 9:38 am

Just curious: what do you do on Sunday before the games start? Sleep in until five minutes before kickoff? Look for the latest news and injury reports? Feed the cat?

I'm just going over my lineup again (should I really leave Johnnie Morton on the bench?), then it's into the kitchen to cook up a stir-fry and then... let the games begin!
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Oct 07, 2002 3:25 am

Well let's see,I'm usually woke from a deep sleep by line-up phone calls,starting around 10(I take line-ups & do stats in 1 of my leagues).Then it's let the dogs out,grab a Dew(possibly coffee in winter),and then it's onto the Cafe to see what's going on.I also throw on Yahoo IM,as I recieve a couple guys line-ups this way.All this while finalizing another "friends league" roster,& 2 nfl.com rosters.Although i'm usually decided on them by saturday.When the dust settles it's usually close to gametime... :-o ...grab another Dew or brew depending on my mood,put on the Steeler game if at 1 o'clock,if not,a game with fantasy implications for me or my friends,then pizza at halftime. :-)
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SanFranFan1685 » Mon Nov 25, 2002 8:47 pm

I get up around 8:30. Eat breakfast and go to church at 11:00 maybe go to a store or something. Then I bee lazy, eat, and watch the Browns get beat. (All we ever get is the Browns, they stink!!!!!!!!)
Team that rule: San Francisco 49ers, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Detriot Lions
Teams that droool: Cleveland Browns, Baltimore Ravens, Green Bay Packers, Dallas Cowboys, Miami Dolphins
SanFranFan1685
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby DaKnife » Tue Nov 26, 2002 10:03 am

usually up around 6...just because i get up at 4:30 on workdays, i usually hit winmx to downlaod some tunes while the traffic is slow (by the way anybody catch the new 3 doors down and Boston? good good stuff, especially 3 doors down), then i spend the rest of the time critiquing my lineup, that I already have set since friday usually, and wind up making some last minute (stupid) changes that ruin the rest of my day...

maybe one of these days i will actually leave George on the bench !!
QB- Manning,Carr,Roethlisberger
RB-C-Martin, M Pittman, Cedric Benson, Ricky Williams
WR-Antwan Randle El ,T.O., J Porter, Rod Smith, K McCardell
K-J Elam, O Mare
D- Den, Atl

Keeper/Cap league/ 10 teams
PLAY; 1 QB, 2 RB'S, 3 WR'S, 1 K, 1 D
DaKnife
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Innovative Member
Location: Minnesota;...................... From No. Ca. coast (brrrrrrr)

Postby DaKnife » Tue Nov 26, 2002 10:05 am

Ouch !
Did I say Boston ? that time stamps me for sure, should have put that part of the post in the forum where we were talking old sat morning shows
QB- Manning,Carr,Roethlisberger
RB-C-Martin, M Pittman, Cedric Benson, Ricky Williams
WR-Antwan Randle El ,T.O., J Porter, Rod Smith, K McCardell
K-J Elam, O Mare
D- Den, Atl

Keeper/Cap league/ 10 teams
PLAY; 1 QB, 2 RB'S, 3 WR'S, 1 K, 1 D
DaKnife
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Innovative Member
Location: Minnesota;...................... From No. Ca. coast (brrrrrrr)

Postby Dazedncnfz » Tue Nov 26, 2002 1:04 pm

I'm at 10est Turn on the com and check the lastest injury reports!....Then do the 10 min morning drain the main vain! back to the com writing up my order for Dunkins and loggin on to this site for the best info :-) ...... stay glued to the tv...fox, espn and nfl today with this site and nfl.com....get my smokes and wach some FOOTBALL!

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby slowkidz » Tue Nov 26, 2002 1:52 pm

I usually get up by 8am and check the local paper/espn...then I'll log on and give other guys in my lg harrassing emails/ims about their team sucking...(that will last about 1 to 2 hrs)...i'll check the posts/chat area, watch/listen to pregame shows and then stick to my tv the rest of the day to watch the games...unfortunately, living near Cincy screws me and I have to watch the bengals when they're on...Fortunately, they suck so bad that they're hardly ever on tv!! I would rather watch my Brownies, but I'll make do with whatever I get...

And a new rule is to never let the wife watch with me ever again!!!
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby DUKE » Tue Nov 26, 2002 4:53 pm

There you go again Slow... Don't worry. There's no way they'll sell out this week, so you won't have to watch them. I'll be watching them at the stadium though. I hate when they don't sell out, because they always put the Browns on, and they are so boring to watch play...I know, I don't have alot of room to talk on this one.... My Sundays are waking up, turning on the tv to see if there are any last minute updates, then making sure I'm comfortable w/ my lineup. If I don't go to the game, I usually get a six pack and sit on the couch all day watching football, telling anyone who tries to divert me to leave me alone, and that I am not to be bothered on Football day. Sunday Football Rules.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby slowkidz » Tue Nov 26, 2002 5:07 pm

As u know Dukie...I speak the truth...I love it when they don't sellout. which is quite often!! hehehehehe
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby awwchrist » Sun Dec 01, 2002 11:50 pm

Wake up at 9:50 (west coast here), straggle downstairs. Fire up the local games on the 2 smaller TVs...run The Steelers on the 42" for the wife and the 36" gets ran around the league for the next 3 hours as I try to get a feel for every game.

1:00 is usually my Hawks on the big screen and the 36" gets the next best available matchup.

The whole morning is usually me making breakfast and surfing The Sunday Ticket. Sunday afternoon is Seahawks and swearing.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk