How does this look...Do i need another Qb backup? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How does this look...Do i need another Qb backup?

Moderator: Football Moderators

How does this look...Do i need another Qb backup?

Postby roamingphantom » Fri Aug 23, 2002 12:40 pm

I have

Culpepper
Manning

RB
Priest Holmes
Ladainan Tomlinson
Lamar Smith
Ron Dayne

WR
David Boston
Torry Holt
Steve Smith
Keenan McCardell

Please Advise i am not sure how good or bad i am in terms of starting team. We are allowed 1 WR 1RB and 2WR/RB as Flex players. I am in a 10 team league
roamingphantom
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby n_tremain23 » Fri Aug 23, 2002 2:12 pm

If your only allowed one QB then your set by all means with Peyton and Dante.Your starting RB job would go to Holmes most likely,starting WR to Boston,and your WR/RB tandem would be Tomlinson and Holt.You can most likely trade Lamar Smith,Ron Dayne,or Steve Smith and it wouldn't hurt your team at all.
n_tremain23

Postby cwebb » Sat Aug 24, 2002 6:18 am

Yeah, your team is okay, you could even think about trading one of your QBs for a mighty upgrade somewhere but other than questions at RB (Tomlinson's ankle and can Holmes repeat) there's not many players that could upgrade your team!
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

2 Great QBs

Postby DraftDodger » Sat Aug 24, 2002 8:08 pm

You have two great QBs there. My advice is to hold onto both of them through Week 4. That's Indy's bye week. If Manning has emerged well ahead of Culpepper by Week 3, then following Week 4 you have the luxury option of trading Culpepper (and picking up Manning's backup off the wire).

Looks like a win/win scenario. By the end of Week 4, someone may all ready be desperate about their QB situation. You may need a RB or WR by that time. I wouldn't trade this early.
DraftDodger

Friendliness: %

Return to Football Talk