Please Help A Rookie! McNabb and Tiki Barber a bust? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Please Help A Rookie! McNabb and Tiki Barber a bust?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Please Help A Rookie! McNabb and Tiki Barber a bust?

Postby ENDZONECRZY » Tue Sep 16, 2003 11:52 pm

Heres the deal this is my first season playing fantasy and these first two weeks have been disappointing with Mcnabb not scoring a single touchdown! I am also unsure of Barber being that I'm in a scoring league and he hasn't seemed to score much. Should I try to trade or sit on these players, any advice would help!

I am in a scoring league and start
QB: Donovan Mcnabb
RB: Edgerrin James
Tiki Barber
WR: Koren Robinson
Derrick Mason
Torry Holt
K: Sebastian Janikowski
My benched players are:
Kerry Collins
Todd Heap
Emmitt Smith
Billy Miller
ENDZONECRZY
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mtarail » Tue Sep 16, 2003 11:57 pm

What you would be doing is called "selling low." This is when a superstar player has a few bad games, his owner gets nervous and trades him for far less than he's worth.

To answer your question, McNabb and Barber will both be solid players. If you picked McNabb with a high pick I'd be a little concerned about how he's played, but you're not likely to get his real value in a trade. (If you do get a trade proposed, post it here and get opinions before you accept it.) ;-D

As for Barber, the good news is that he got carries at the goal line, so that shows that coach Fassel trusts him to carry it into the endzone. The bad news is that he wasn't successful getting it into the endzone in short yardage situations yesterday, except for the 2 point conversion.
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
Vince Lombardi
mtarail
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Homeless » Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:30 am

Selling low is never a good idea, Tiki carries more value than McNabb at this point, but I would advise holding onto them unless you are getting a decent offer.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby brdmaverick » Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:50 am

of course, selling low is better than selling lower; like in my baseball league, one guy didn't want to sell Pat Burrell low because he figured he would rebound, well, as it turned out, his value dropped so much that he just became waiver material

I DO NOT , however, see this being the case with McNabb and Tiki. As others have already said, hang on to them and be patient. Besides, Tiki was leading the league in rushing for a week, not too shabby.
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 17, 2003 12:08 pm

If i were you i would be starting collins over mcnabb in a heartbeat.

Friendliness: %

Postby hayesb26 » Wed Sep 17, 2003 12:25 pm

yeah those "guests" dont listen to them, EVER . keep mcnabb and tiki and start em. tikis not even struggling, but mcnabb will soon regain his form
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby brdmaverick » Wed Sep 17, 2003 1:43 pm

Anonymous wrote:If i were you i would be starting collins over mcnabb in a heartbeat.

ya for thsi week, considering McNabb has a bye.
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk