Great sleeper alert... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Great sleeper alert...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Great sleeper alert...

Postby Orange and Blue » Wed Sep 17, 2003 3:51 am

If you're in a league that returns return yards, check out Eric Parker of SD. I'm sure 99% of you have no idea who this guy is, but he returns the punts (getting at least 40 yards a game). He's also David Boston's backup, and now that Reche Caldwell is injured and Boston is perpetually pseudo-injured, he's been a part of the passing game as well, receiving for a touchdown in each of the past two games. I crunched some numbers and in our scoring system (punt return yards are worth as much as receiving yards) he's around the #8 WR so far. Hopefully he becomes a bigger factor in the offence once LT hits stride (it's bound to happen sooner or later), but until then his punt return yards are more than satisfying enough.
CP:TD::Sanders:Smith
Orange and Blue
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Wed Sep 17, 2003 2:28 pm

I was thinking along the same line with Brian Westbrook and Toefield. Westbrook looked pretty good returning kicks and saw third down action coming out of the backfield. Toefield gained over 90 return yards last week and is ready to step in if…er…when Fragile Freddy gets hurt. The worry that I have with Parker is when Boston finally heels up, Parker will disappear in a system that will probably start emphasizing the run from here on out.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby sundawg_58 » Wed Sep 17, 2003 2:37 pm

I've been looking at parker too. another guy you might want to take a look at is Dante Hall. Picked him up last week.... 100 yrd return td was on every highligh reel. That and he gets receptions and the odd reverse/trick running play.
sundawg_58
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Longshot » Wed Sep 17, 2003 10:35 pm

Parker is for real folks. I was at the chargers game sunday, he mad a couple good cathers and one GREAT catch for a TD in the corner of the end zone in double coverage. He ended last year with 3 or 4 big games and around a 15 yard avg. Look for him to become a rising star, especially with the way the chargers WRs are dropping like flys.

However, they did just drop Tay Cody for WR Grant Mattos, who played really well in preseason and may see some action and take away some passes.
San Diego, SuperChargers
San Diego, CHARGERS!
Longshot
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Orange and Blue » Thu Sep 18, 2003 2:12 am

Even when Boston returns, Caldwell will still be out with an injury. In all honesty, I am expecting Parker to outproduce Boston this season.

Hall is a nice pickup, as is Lewis, but both of those guys have big bullseyes on them in leagues that award returns, and neither makes it to waivers. Besides, neither of them is nearly as involved in the passing game, which limits their TD production.
CP:TD::Sanders:Smith
Orange and Blue
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Guttpuppy » Thu Sep 18, 2003 4:31 pm

400 and some views on this topic and only a couple replies...I just joined a league this year that awards return yardage and I've got my WR/KRs hemmed up but I did notice this guy last week,Caldwell's injury rises this guys stock tremendously in these leagues.

Great topic and thanks to Longshot for the hometown report. ;-D
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby culboarder » Thu Sep 18, 2003 6:52 pm

im tired of everybody saying that its just a matter of time before fred taylor gets hurt.....hello!!! he played all 16 games last season and is looking very healthy this season, expect another 14+ game season from him.
culboarder
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Fred Taylor

Postby emiester » Thu Sep 18, 2003 8:33 pm

14+ game season???

I guess you can miss 2 games and still not be hurt....???

That must be Fred Taylor's definition of healthy
Rules:
1 pt for 10 yds rushing or receiving
1 pt 25 yards passing
Team DST
emiester
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby hawksfan896 » Thu Sep 18, 2003 8:40 pm

culboarder wrote:im tired of everybody saying that its just a matter of time before fred taylor gets hurt.....hello!!! he played all 16 games last season and is looking very healthy this season, expect another 14+ game season from him.

LOL @ predicting Fraud's games played. That's sad. I wish I could predict how many days I would work. I'd be like sorry, I already worked 4 days this week. See ya Monday. Toefield is a sleeper people. This guy is obviously either a Jax fan or owns Taylor (either of which I feel sorry for him for), and it's pretty sad when even a fan says he probably won't play every game.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Return to Football Talk