Young Coaches - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Young Coaches

Moderator: Football Moderators

Young Coaches

Postby Lushcrush » Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:10 am

Arkansas coach Houston Nutt needs to go. Who are the good, young coaches out there that YOU would want coaching your favorite team?
If you were an AD, who would you go after?:-?
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moonhead » Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:32 am

obviously you'd want pete carroll. but bob stoops would be #2. i think mike leech at tech is an intriguing pick. mark richt at georgia. but if you're talking about feasible options for arkansas, i think you could look at the defensive coordinator at OU brent venables. he's rumored to be at the top of the list for the kstate job.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Lushcrush » Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:02 pm

I've liked Richt from day one ... I agree. But he wouldn't come.
Leach is another nice one ... Tech is on a roll. I wonder if we could get Bobby Knight too? :-?
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:24 pm

Randy Shannon should be the, or close to, hottest assistant out there. Year after year the Miami D plays great and he is a huge part of it. He is African American so unfortunately he probably isn't getting some of the opportunities he should. From a selfish perspective I hope it stays that way as I don't want him to leave. But for him, some program needs to make the move.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby HskrPwr13 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:06 pm

I dont know how young he is, but Randy Walker at TCU would be a nice one to get.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:05 am

VaderFin wrote:Randy Shannon should be the, or close to, hottest assistant out there. Year after year the Miami D plays great and he is a huge part of it. He is African American so unfortunately he probably isn't getting some of the opportunities he should. From a selfish perspective I hope it stays that way as I don't want him to leave. But for him, some program needs to make the move.

He's an African American so he's probably missing opportunities? Did you just say that? What decade are you living in? In the 21st century, my friend, there is no hotter commodity than a black head football coach.... Teams all over the country are tripping all over themselves to hire one... In fact, there are rules and laws in place saying that you have to give a certain number of them consideration before you actually do any hiring... If anything, Shannon has an advantage over most other coaches because of his race, not a disadvantage...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:56 am

Plindsey88 wrote:
VaderFin wrote:Randy Shannon should be the, or close to, hottest assistant out there. Year after year the Miami D plays great and he is a huge part of it. He is African American so unfortunately he probably isn't getting some of the opportunities he should. From a selfish perspective I hope it stays that way as I don't want him to leave. But for him, some program needs to make the move.

He's an African American so he's probably missing opportunities? Did you just say that? What decade are you living in? In the 21st century, my friend, there is no hotter commodity than a black head football coach.... Teams all over the country are tripping all over themselves to hire one... In fact, there are rules and laws in place saying that you have to give a certain number of them consideration before you actually do any hiring... If anything, Shannon has an advantage over most other coaches because of his race, not a disadvantage...

Hello? And how many African American HC's in D1 are there again? What 3 or 4 out of how many teams? Oh yeah, teams are falling over themselves..... 8-o
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby HskrPwr13 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:20 pm

HskrPwr13 wrote:I dont know how young he is, but Randy Walker at TCU would be a nice one to get.

Meant Gary Patterson. I always seem to get these two confused for some reason. :-B
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:23 pm

VaderFin wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:

Hello? And how many African American HC's in D1 are there again? What 3 or 4 out of how many teams? Oh yeah, teams are falling over themselves..... 8-o

If a given team is interviewing two candidates, both of which have identical qualifications, accomplishments, etc. and one of them is black and the other white, guess who gets the job?

I guaran-freaking-tee you it ain't the white guy....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sharptongued1 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:17 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:

If you're going to take ridiculous stands like this, then yes, I'm going to continue to disagree/correct you. There are no, "rules or laws" dictating the hiring process of a NCAA football coach in relation to minority candidates. It does exist in the NFL, however. http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=tb-minoritycoaches062905&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."

Earl Nightingale
sharptongued1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to College Football