Orlindo MARE...? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Orlindo MARE...?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Orlindo MARE...?

Postby Clevelander » Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:57 am

everyones wonder as i am as to when his numbers..really his fieldgoals will start...

has anyone dropped him yet as i am considering in doing, theres alot of free agents on the wire that have been at least producing numbers and its those possible 5-6 points at least that can make a difference...

whats everyones thoughts on him, keep him or move on...
Clevelander
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Transmogrifier » Wed Sep 17, 2003 9:04 am

He's a kicker. Flip a coin.
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lushcrush » Wed Sep 17, 2003 9:29 am

I have Mare and John Hall (Wash) and Jeff Reed (Pitt) are both available. Anybody like these guys? Reed fits nicely into my bye situation.
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 17, 2003 2:26 pm

i just dropped Mare (Miami)....i don't think he will be much use...this week anyway.....I did pick up Hall (Was)...after seeing dallas kick the crap out of the ball against NY I like my chances....what do you think?

Friendliness: %

Postby senseiosin » Wed Sep 17, 2003 3:45 pm

Had Mare in 2 leagues, dropped him after week 1 for the Vikings kicker in one league, and dropped him this week in the other to get the Seahawks kicker. Im avoiding all Dolphins this week going up against the vaunted Bills Defense. :-/
The only thing we have to fear is.... another injured Denver RB!!!!!!!!
senseiosin
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby sikoskul » Wed Sep 17, 2003 6:47 pm

Dude, kickers are a dime a dozen. Unless you're a homer and HAVE to have your team's kicker, just play matchups. If you see a kicker on waivers who looks like his team will do well, go for it.
sikoskul
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Ousmagic » Wed Sep 17, 2003 7:45 pm

ya i just dropped mare for morten anderson this week, im hoping to get a piece of that explosive chiefs offense
Ousmagic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Lushcrush » Wed Sep 17, 2003 9:31 pm

I dropped Mare for Reed. I figured he has tremendous defensive upside as he had a beautiful trip on the KC runback guy last week. Always go with a good tripper ...
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Wed Sep 17, 2003 10:24 pm

Kicker threads should come with a mallet attached..then you can play whack-a-mole...err..thread with it.

not banging on the poster...but it's sorta a given that kickers are enigmatic when it comes to fantasy football.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Orange and Blue » Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:09 am

Transmogrifier wrote:He's a kicker. Flip a coin.

Haha, my thoughts exactly! ;) ;) ;)

Seriously, unless you have one of those truly elite kickers who seem less prone to the usual ups and downs of a kicker, it's not worth agonizing over them. One day a team's offense will be so explosive they see the end zone every possession, another it'll be so anemic that they never get past midfield for an attempt. When you're trying to decide between kickers, pick whoever is more accurate and/or has a more powerful leg. You might also give tiebreaker points to whoever plays in a dome (Elling for the Vikings is a great start, for that reason).

Case in point is Cundiff, who shanked some incredibly easy chipshots in week 1, then tied the record for most Figgies in a game in week 2. Who ever would have started him in week 2 after week 1's performance.

The only kickers who in my mind have any degree of differentiation from the other kickers are Elam and Vanderjact. Elam has the strongest leg in the league, and he worked harder in the offseason than he ever had before in an attempt to get his % up to 90 this year. Vanderjact is the most accurate kicker in NFL history. On the bad side of the spectrum, both Andersons are aging and lack the strength for the deep (and high fantasy point) FGs.

So, that leaves you with 2 great starts, 2 bad starts, and 28 other kickers with absolutely no differentiation. Flip a coin.
CP:TD::Sanders:Smith
Orange and Blue
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk