Is C. Martin still a viable fantasy running back? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Is C. Martin still a viable fantasy running back?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Is C. Martin still a viable fantasy running back?

Postby ChargersFan » Wed Sep 17, 2003 9:18 am

I noticed Curtis Martin cleared waivers in my league, and was wondering if he is worth a bench spot. We only have 4 bench players for both offense and defensive players, so it's difficult to keep someone who is not productive. We start QB, 2RB's, 3WR's, 1 TE, 1Kick, and eight defensive players.

My current RB's are Tiki Barber and Ladanian Thomlinson, and I have Kevan Barlow, and Moe Williams as back ups. Tommy Maddox is my back up QB, and Ashley Lelie, Back up WR.
ChargersFan

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Homeless » Wed Sep 17, 2003 9:47 am

You really dont need him, youre set at RB.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Mojo Rider » Wed Sep 17, 2003 12:46 pm

What is the outlook on C. Martin. Is Lamont Jordan taking over anytime soon? Any NYJ fans have inside info?
Mojo Rider

Postby brdmaverick » Wed Sep 17, 2003 1:30 pm

ya, i would be very wary of jordan. Martin has been pretyt bad thus fra this season. I just don't see him turning it around.
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby sikoskul » Wed Sep 17, 2003 3:28 pm

Number one, chill.
Number two, chill.
Number three, if you're going to lambast someone on the boards, at least be a man and register, so that we know who to lambast back.
Number four, chill.

Peace.
sikoskul
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 17, 2003 3:37 pm

Dont take Martin, you already got RBs, why waste a spot when u wont even start em. You could maybe hurt other teams by pickin em up alittle tiny bit but that would be the only reason to take em

Postby kid a » Wed Sep 17, 2003 7:08 pm

Anonymous wrote:What the hell kind of stupid ass league are you in? Martin clearing waivers? You need to bitch slap yourself right in the face as many times as it takes untill you realize how stupid you are for asking this question. To answer it for ya, you simply highlight that piece of trash wr Lelie and drop his ass. Then you pick up Martin. I don't give a $hit that lelie is your only backup rc, there's plenty of other garbage rc's available for you to pick up later. Oh and its just me but if I had to, I wouldn't think twice about dumping Barlow or old man Mo Williams for him either. :-D

LOL, not only is this guy a jerk but he's completely wrong. Martin will get *better*, but he's about done. No O-Line, no passing game to take the pressure off, and he's old.

Martin will not finish a top 25 RB, so you should bitch slap yourself. #4 RB material only.
kid a
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk