I don't wish to alarm you but.. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

I don't wish to alarm you but..

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Oliver Perez » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:46 am

Great Tuesday Morning Quarterback reference. ;-D Easily the best article on football from week to week.
Oliver Perez
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby lmcjaho » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:50 am

ljthockey wrote:Defense cant win championships witout and offense. That being said I think the Bears will be a great team in a few years.

Uhh sorry to disagree but please look back at the 2000 Ravens SuperBowl and you will see how wrong you are...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ActiOnJunkie76 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:37 am

ljthockey wrote:Yes I will give the Bears kudo's for this weeks win there defense played incredible. Justin Gage actually looked good as well 8-o

But like The Lung pointed out they havent beat any credible teams besides this week. I dont know but im already sick of how much "the bears are for real talk" were going to have to hear this next week before they lose to Tampa. The bears still will end up with a very nice record due to playing Minnesota once and Green Bay twice. But there going to get exposed as the mediocore team they are in the playoffs.

Defense cant win championships witout and offense. That being said I think the Bears will be a great team in a few years.

Trent Dilfer with the ravens, did he even have 2000 passing yrds?????/
Record 8-2-0 PF 960 12 Team Leauge
basic scoring
1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE 1 DST

QB Brees/E.Manning*
RB EDGE*
RB R.Brown*/M.Barber/G.Jones/C.taylor
WR T.Holt*
WR R.Moss*/Engram/R.Brown
TE J.WItten*
K N.Reckers*
DST Bears*
ActiOnJunkie76
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby ljthockey » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:50 am

Yeah I stand corrected I forgot how bad the Ravens did statistically on offesne Dilfer ended up with 1502 yards 12tds and 11ints but Banks had 1500 also so together they threw for 3000. Jamal Lewis did have a good season though.

I will change my sentence to I dont believe the Bears defense will be able to carry them through the playoffs with how poor there offense is.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby ActiOnJunkie76 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:00 am

ljthockey wrote:Yeah I stand corrected I forgot how bad the Ravens did statistically on offesne Dilfer ended up with 1502 yards 12tds and 11ints but Banks had 1500 also so together they threw for 3000. Jamal Lewis did have a good season though.

I will change my sentence to I dont believe the Bears defense will be able to carry them through the playoffs with how poor there offense is.

Ill take hot D, in the playoffs over a hot offence though. If Chi-Town can control the clock, and keep the game below 36 total points, they should be able to win...

Also If they lay a beating down on pitts. in week 14( if Big Bens back) Then I think you have to rank Chi-Town along side Dallas, and seattle for favorites to win the NFC..
basic scoring

QB Brees/E.Manning*
RB EDGE*
WR T.Holt*
TE J.WItten*
K N.Reckers*
DST Bears*
ActiOnJunkie76
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby FatFoot » Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:51 am

No one thinks the Bears are the best team in the NFC. And they DID lose a close game to the Redskins, and would have won against Cleveland, until they started making unforgivable mistakes. That's the problem with a team that has a weak offense: you can't afford mistakes. Cleveland took advantage of them, and Cincinati rubbed them in our faces. We have a better D than Cinci, but our offense isn't even a shadow of their firepower.

Anyway, the think that some of the naysayers aren't taking into account is that the team at week 11 is not the same as the team was in week 1. We have an apprentice as a QB, but he is improving. He's managing the game, and that partially explains the consistently low passing numbers, but he's making fewer and fewer mistakes. Every time we establish a second viable option on WR it's shattered with an injury... but Gage looked good today. The Bears with 2 or more viable receivers (I don't think it's realistic to think we can get more than 2 really solid options within this season) and the pressure valve with fullbacks and tight ends, and this team has a real offense. Real enough to have an actual game with almost any team.

It's just that it's not good enough to compete with the best of the best (IMO, right now that's the Colts, Chargers, Broncos, and Bengals)... anyone else, and it's a game. Doesn't mean it's a win, but it does mean that just about anyone else scoring on the Bears is going to have to earn it. Look at the schedule... they're playing some decent teams, but not a single one of them that is even remotely out of reach. It's the playoffs that are IMO a pretty obvious smackdown.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:44 am

lmcjaho wrote:
ljthockey wrote:Defense cant win championships witout and offense. That being said I think the Bears will be a great team in a few years.

Uhh sorry to disagree but please look back at the 2000 Ravens SuperBowl and you will see how wrong you are...

Yeah, this is the point to remember. If the Bears D can completely stifle the other team's offense and score a few themselves, they can beat good teams.

However, I don't think a team like Indy, Seattle, Atlanta, Denver, or Pittsburgh (with Roethlisberger) would get completely shut down. Those teams have formidible offenses in the run and pass, and some of those teams have tough defenses to boot.

Chicago should now win the NFC North easily, but I don't know if I can see them making it past the Divisional Playoffs if another team with a tough offense shuts down their run game. :-/
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:31 am

This really is odd. Everyone was licking Ray-Ray's shoes when the Ravens went, week in and week out talking about how good they were and that they couldn't be stopped, but the Bears have gone on to allow NINE, count 'em, NINE TDS in 10 games, and they are not good enough. I guess I'll chalk it up to this: people tend to talk when they're scared. Cleveland, Cincy and Washington were all winnable games. We started a rook at QB who barely had time to learn where his locker was, let alone the playbook, and the D blew two big plays at the end of both the Ohio games to give them away. That happens. It won't happen again.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby ActiOnJunkie76 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:32 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:This really is odd. Everyone was licking Ray-Ray's shoes when the Ravens went, week in and week out talking about how good they were and that they couldn't be stopped, but the Bears have gone on to allow NINE, count 'em, NINE TDS in 10 games, and they are not good enough. I guess I'll chalk it up to this: people tend to talk when they're scared. Cleveland, Cincy and Washington were all winnable games. We started a rook at QB who barely had time to learn where his locker was, let alone the playbook, and the D blew two big plays at the end of both the Ohio games to give them away. That happens. It won't happen again.

Against Washington, that was a very close game, and Chi-town coulda easly won it, if they didnt have a rookie QB playing against a good D in his first game as a pro.
basic scoring

QB Brees/E.Manning*
RB EDGE*
WR T.Holt*
TE J.WItten*
K N.Reckers*
DST Bears*
ActiOnJunkie76
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Re: I don't wish to alarm you but..

Postby Arlo » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:03 pm

Nilmerf wrote:Carolina has been exposed as a one trick pony (Delhomme to Smith), and is not the class of the NFC like so many analysts would have you believe.

I'll be the first to admit it: I was concerned about the Panthers when I saw them at the bottom of the heap in the yards-per-carry department (When was the last time you saw a truly good team last in the NFL in that category? Anybody know?), but I still thought they'd beat the Bears. Interesting game to watch...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk