I don't wish to alarm you but.. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

I don't wish to alarm you but..

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: I don't wish to alarm you but..

Postby TheRawDAWG » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:06 pm

Nilmerf wrote:
TheRawDAWG wrote:...man the NFC sucks!!

Not really.. the way I see it, the NFC has two great divisions (South and East) compared to only one great division in the AFC (West). The rest of the divisions in the NFL have only one or two competitive teams. However, I still say the AFC is slightly better.. but the NFC doesn't suck.

The way i see it, the NFC is going to have 2-3 teams in the playoffs that wouldn't make it in the AFC. The NFC's top teams wouldn't crack top 5 in the AFC. Thats why the NFC SUCKS!!
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby saundman2000 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:15 pm

This is nothing new. The Bears Defense is undeniably top notch and I would say it's the best in the league.

The Bears offense, however, is in the same state as it has been for the last several years. They are mediocre at best.

What that means is that the Bears offense just needs to put up 14 points in a given game and they will almost certainly win. The Bears are definitely not Fantasy Stars except for their D, but in real life football, they are a contender.

They will go as far as their offense takes them, because we know what their D will do.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby FatFoot » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:28 pm

Why would the Steelers with Ben be that big of a challenge? He puts up Orton-like passing numbers, and simply makes few mistakes. They're a run team. The Bears are a very similar team.

AND without Ben, I give the Bears the edge... I mean Baltimore stopped the Steelers with Maddox. The rest of the Bears season has a few solid challenges, but nothing like San Diego's schedule, etc. They're already going to do better than anyone predicted, and they will probably end the season on a winning record.

The NFC Sucks argument is irritating. It's historically inaccurate, and it presumes to have some prescient notion of how team X would do against team Y, when team X doesn't play team Y. If things were that simple, why would there even be games? The Panthers were the favorite. Just give them the win. The Giants were favored over the Vikings... give them the win. Football is more than the stats we obsess over... it's so much about intangibles. There is no denying that the Colts are the best offense in the game right now, but there's also no telling what could happen next week.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby TheRawDAWG » Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:18 pm

FatFoot wrote:Why would the Steelers with Ben be that big of a challenge? He puts up Orton-like passing numbers, and simply makes few mistakes. They're a run team. The Bears are a very similar team.

AND without Ben, I give the Bears the edge... I mean Baltimore stopped the Steelers with Maddox. The rest of the Bears season has a few solid challenges, but nothing like San Diego's schedule, etc. They're already going to do better than anyone predicted, and they will probably end the season on a winning record.

The NFC Sucks argument is irritating. It's historically inaccurate, and it presumes to have some prescient notion of how team X would do against team Y, when team X doesn't play team Y. If things were that simple, why would there even be games? The Panthers were the favorite. Just give them the win. The Giants were favored over the Vikings... give them the win. Football is more than the stats we obsess over... it's so much about intangibles. There is no denying that the Colts are the best offense in the game right now, but there's also no telling what could happen next week.

It's historically inaccurate because the superiority of the conference always changes. But in the year it is very accurate. I understand the 'Any given Sunday' argument. The Colts WILL lose this year. And they'll lose to an inferior team. Does that mean they are worse than that inferior team? No it just means some things didn't go their way that Sunday...simple as that. But I would take the Colts, Bengals, Broncos, Steelers, And Pats(probably a couple teams i'm not even thinking about right now) to beat ANY team in the NFC over the course of a 16 games sched. Any given Sunday is true.... And stranger things have happened than the Bears winning the SB this year. But that doesn't mean they are a better team then the teams they may beat. I would say the bears have a decent shot at getting to the SB because of the conference they play. And if they do any given sunday a team can win. But i doubt very much that ANY team in the NFC would make it through the AFC playoffs playing the AFC powerhouses.

But like you said, we'll never know cause it wont happen. Will you feel better if I say there are 5 teams in the AFC with superior talent to any team in the NFC?
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Alkaholik » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:01 pm

Good defenses win Superbowls, If you only need to score once to win than you only need to score once to win, but I think when the Bears come across a TRUE team in the playoffs they will get down a td or 2 and wont have that explosive, quick offense or Slick passing game to rival back quickly in the 4th from a td or 2 deficit.

Give a year or 2 to get that offense goin and man they would be one helluva team.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby ActiOnJunkie76 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:21 pm

I think the Bears should win one game in the playoffs, if they play the gaints at home ;-D ;-D ;-D They will slaughter them !+) If they play Falcons/ Tampa Bay, I think they will win those games also. Only two teams im worried about the bears to lose too are dallas and Seattle. I think they have a shot at Seattle because, they usally bust in the playoffs, and if they stop SA( like St.Louis did last year in the playoffs) there win pretty easy.
Record 8-2-0 PF 960 12 Team Leauge
basic scoring
1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE 1 DST

QB Brees/E.Manning*
RB EDGE*
RB R.Brown*/M.Barber/G.Jones/C.taylor
WR T.Holt*
WR R.Moss*/Engram/R.Brown
TE J.WItten*
K N.Reckers*
DST Bears*
ActiOnJunkie76
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:34 pm

Alkaholik wrote:Good defenses win Superbowls, If you only need to score once to win than you only need to score once to win, but I think when the Bears come across a TRUE team in the playoffs they will get down a td or 2 and wont have that explosive, quick offense or Slick passing game to rival back quickly in the 4th from a td or 2 deficit.

Give a year or 2 to get that offense goin and man they would be one helluva team.

I think this post from last year can back that up. ;-D

(Hopefully we won't have as bad an argument that enused about it. :-o)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby J2thez929 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:38 pm

But they did lose to the Browns... ;-7

But seriously, they do have a top notch D and good running game that could carry them along way ;-D
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby giants! » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:25 pm

If they get home field advantagethey can win in the playoffs. The weather conditions in chicgo favor a running game and less passing which is what the bears excel at
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106][b]Visit the new and improved GREAT DEBATES forum.[/b][/url]
giants!
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FatFoot » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:29 pm

I do NOT think the Patriots or the Steelers are superior to all teams in the NFC. That's crazy talk!
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk