I don't wish to alarm you but.. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

I don't wish to alarm you but..

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Azrael » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:48 pm

The Bears will give someone alot of problems in the playoffs. If they had just a wee bit more offense I'd give them a shot to get to the Superbowl.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Hugh M. Griz » Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:25 am

I don't know what anyone might do come playoff time, but I'd dig a matchup of Alexander vs. Da Bears 'D'.
Especially in Soldier.
Probably hafta be in Seattle, though ... Seahawks have a pretty puff schedule other than Giants and Indy.
I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.
Not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
Hugh M. Griz
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Howboutthemboys » Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:59 am

I also get a little annoyed at the "NFC sucks" talk. Here's why:

1. Check out the NFC vs AFC record. By my count the AFC has 19 wins against 20 loses against the NFC this year. Doesn't look like the NFC sucks does it?

2. The last time I heard this argument (last year) the Super Bowl was decided by three points.

3. The last time, before last year, I heard that argument in 1990, people were sure that Buffalo, Kansas City, Miami, Houston, and The Raiders were better than the 49ers, Giants, Redskins, Philly and Chi. But, the AFC lost the Super Bowl.

4. I don't see a whole lot to choose between Cincy, Pitt, Jax, Den, NE, San Diego against Dallas, NYG, Seattle, Chi, Atl, Tampa and Carolina. I would agree that Indy appears dominant at the moment.

5. I would argue that the two worst teams in the league reside in the AFC (with San Fran and the Saints a close third and fourth). The Jets and the Texans are pumping up somebodies record, dontcha think?
Howboutthemboys
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby ateam » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:59 am

This town's getting a tad too excited. Before they go out and redo the SB shuffle video, I'd like to see a follow through on the road vs. a winning team.

A win in TB on Sunday would be very big for this team. They've shown that they can dominate at home, time to show it on the road vs. a quality opponent.
I hate LJ Smith!
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby TheRawDAWG » Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:23 pm

Howboutthemboys wrote:I also get a little annoyed at the "NFC sucks" talk. Here's why:

1. Check out the NFC vs AFC record. By my count the AFC has 19 wins against 20 loses against the NFC this year. Doesn't look like the NFC sucks does it?

2. The last time I heard this argument (last year) the Super Bowl was decided by three points.

3. The last time, before last year, I heard that argument in 1990, people were sure that Buffalo, Kansas City, Miami, Houston, and The Raiders were better than the 49ers, Giants, Redskins, Philly and Chi. But, the AFC lost the Super Bowl.

4. I don't see a whole lot to choose between Cincy, Pitt, Jax, Den, NE, San Diego against Dallas, NYG, Seattle, Chi, Atl, Tampa and Carolina. I would agree that Indy appears dominant at the moment.

5. I would argue that the two worst teams in the league reside in the AFC (with San Fran and the Saints a close third and fourth). The Jets and the Texans are pumping up somebodies record, dontcha think?

Hey I'm a cowboys fan...fan of the NFC. But I'm also a realist. The AFCs top 5-6 teams are better than any in the NFC. The AFC is admittedly top heavy and thats why the record is the way it is. But yeah I'd take Cincy, Pitt and Denver (as well as the Colts obviously) to beat ANY of the teams you posted. Dallas is top 2 in the NFC...can you honestly put them ahead of a healthy Pitt team? I can't right now. Of course maybe if they do a number on the Broncos this Thursday then I may start to change my mind. But it seems like the NFC teams go on and off rolls all the time. They can't keep it going. One week they'll lok like gangbusters and the following week lose to the vikings...??

Like I said, I'd love it if the NFC proves me wrong (especially the 'Boys.) but right now i just can't see it.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby toofunny » Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:59 pm

ljthockey wrote:Yes I will give the Bears kudo's for this weeks win there defense played incredible. Justin Gage actually looked good as well 8-o

But like The Lung pointed out they havent beat any credible teams besides this week. I dont know but im already sick of how much "the bears are for real talk" were going to have to hear this next week before they lose to Tampa. The bears still will end up with a very nice record due to playing Minnesota once and Green Bay twice. But there going to get exposed as the mediocore team they are in the playoffs.

Defense cant win championships witout and offense. That being said I think the Bears will be a great team in a few years.

Your football knowledge is only surpassed by your grammar and spelling.

http://dictionary.reference.com/help/faq/language/t/there-their.html
toofunny
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk