Colts go 15-1 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Colts go 15-1

Moderator: Football Moderators

Colts go 15-1

Postby bonusman.com » Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:05 am

I think they lose to Steelers next week.

If you don't have Antwaan Randle El yet.. I would get him for your fantazy team.

Colts Defense is not the best so he should be able to pick up big yards and tds.
bonusman.com
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Warhawk » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:39 am

Depends on whether the Colts keep using Jason David as their second CB. If they switch to Marlin Jackson, Randle El might not have a huge game.
Warhawk
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby SportsLitter » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:12 am

I say the colts go 13-3. They lose to the Steelers, Jags, and Seahawks.
Sports Highlight Videos - Now Featuring [url=http://www.mvpflix.com/2006/09/reggie-bush-highlight-video/]Reggie Bush[/url]
[url=http://www.mvpflix.com]http://www.mvpflix.com[/url]
SportsLitter
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby saundman2000 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:47 am

Not bloody likely!!

Please explain how the Steelers that just lost to the hapless Ravens are going to outplay an Undefeated Colts team at HOME no less.

I'm no Colts fan, but I have watched them play and they are solid right now. The Steelers don't look so good.

There's no way that Pittsburg magically improves enough by week 12 to beat the Colts. You may like the underdog, but don't put money on this one.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Cooner » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:54 am

The Steelers with a quarterback are much better than the Steelers without one. They'll have a QB next week.

Sure, you can say Maddox had a decent game until the OT pick (which he did), but with Maddox in there, the Ravens had no respect for the passing game, and did a nice job of shutting down the run. Don't expect that to be as simple with Roethlisberger back.

And the "hapless Ravens" are NEVER hapless when they play the Steelers. Fact of life- look at the history.

I'm not saying the Steelers win this one, but I definitely think they stand a decent shot.
Cooner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jh2031 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:21 pm

saundman2000 wrote:Not bloody likely!!

Please explain how the Steelers that just lost to the hapless Ravens are going to outplay an Undefeated Colts team at HOME no less.

I'm no Colts fan, but I have watched them play and they are solid right now. The Steelers don't look so good.

There's no way that Pittsburg magically improves enough by week 12 to beat the Colts. You may like the underdog, but don't put money on this one.

Well, the Steelers lost to...as you put it "the hapless" Ravens because Maddox was the QB. If Ben had played that game they win easily just like if Ben played in the Jacksonville game they would've won easily. I'm not saying the Colts will lose to the Steelers but the Steelers are going to be pissed coming off a loss and Ben is going to play...they'll also have Willie, Bettis, and Duce healthy and suited up.
jh2031
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Alkaholik » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:09 pm

Yep, I think the Steelers have just as good of shot at INDY as Cincy did, and CINCY came somewhat close.

If not I think they will have a good chance at getting upset by the SEAHAWKS in week 16 @ SEA on xmas eve, mostly because the hawks have only lost like 1 game @ home in the past 2 years and it's the 2nd to last game of the season and they wont be goin completely balls out with a 14-0 record IMO.

But i think the Steelers got a great shot this week.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:08 pm

If I had a gun to my head, I'd say the Colts best chance of losing would be to San Diego or Seattle. Pittsburgh doesn't scare me as much because they're playing out of sync and I don't believe Roethisberger, healthy or not, will be able to fully take advantage of the Colts defense. The fact that the Colts play this one at home doesn't help the Steelers chances either.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby jh2031 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:25 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:If I had a gun to my head, I'd say the Colts best chance of losing would be to San Diego or Seattle. Pittsburgh doesn't scare me as much because they're playing out of sync and I don't believe Roethisberger, healthy or not, will be able to fully take advantage of the Colts defense. The fact that the Colts play this one at home doesn't help the Steelers chances either.

People are forgetting that the Steelers had key injuries yesterday and since they lost to the Ravens a lot of people are considering them "walk overs" against the Colts. Marvel Smith...the Steelers 2nd best offensive linemen only behind Faneca was out and in his place was our first round pick who had never played a single down this year. James Farrior...our best linebacker was out and he could be back for this weeks game against the Colts. And lastly Ben was out who has the best passer rating in the NFL...that's right, not Carson Palmer. I don't buy "I don't believe Ben, healthy or not, will be able to fully take advantage of the Colts D." The Colts D proved yesterday they aren't that great...Rudi and Chris Perry ran all over them and Carson threw for 300 yards. It's just stupidity to say the Steelers have a slim chance to beat the Colts. I will however say if the Steelers think they can get into a shootout like the Bengals did yesterday and win...they're dreaming. The only way the Steelers win is controlling the clock and not making mistakes but they have to get back to smash mouth football.
jh2031
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:27 pm

The Colt's are gonna blow the Seahawk's out of the water. Did you guys forget that Seattle is just the junior varsity version of Indy?

----

I see 3 tough matchups remaining on the schedule. If Big Ben plays, the Steeler's will be by far their strongest opponent.

vs. Steelers - Big Ben
@Jacksonville - Divisional road game
vs. San Diego - Colts vs. Bengals (+LT) redux
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Next

Return to Football Talk