Which team/teams will get hosed by BCS this year? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Which team/teams will get hosed by BCS this year?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:10 am

I feel the BCS championship game of USC vs TEX is the best possible title matchup. So no argument there.

The team I feel will get hosed this year is Oregon. Great team that doesn't get the east coast pub because of game starting time. I think the Fiesta will take ND and Oh St both with 2 losses over 1 loss Oregon. Oregon's only loss came to #1 ranked USC.

The argument is the ratings which will come into play here. Do you want a share of 11 or 13.5 is the real question? If your answer is 13.5 then Oregon gets hosed and the two 2 loss teams get in.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:34 am

I'm predicting:

Rose Bowl: USC v. Texas (obviously)

Orange Bowl: Va Tech v. Penn State

Sugar Bowl: West Virginia v. Georgia

Fiesta Bowl: Notre Dame v. Oregon

And I don't feel any team gets hosed in this scenario.... LSU has their fate in their own hands, but I think they'll lose to Georgia in the SEC Championship... Ohio State could bitch and cry, and I'm sure they will, but there will not be any teams with a worse record than they have in the big games, so they can't whine too much.... I suppose Miami fans may raise hell, but Miami's losses were to #21 ranked FSU and unranked Ga Tech... They can't raise too much hell if they get ignored... And Auburn lost to Ga Tech, as well, so I've got no sympathy for them, either....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:44 am

Plindsey88 wrote:I'm predicting:

I like those matchups. I just have a gut feeling Ohio St is going to get in over them because of the ratings. ND deserves to be in no doubt and although Oregon won't do much for ratings I think it will be a spectacular game.

I feel LSU will beat Georgia in the SEC chanpionship though which will eliminate their sugar bowl chances.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Gunslinger » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:51 am

And I don't feel any team gets hosed in this scenario.... LSU has their fate in their own hands, but I think they'll lose to Georgia in the SEC Championship... Ohio State could bitch and cry, and I'm sure they will, but there will not be any teams with a worse record than they have in the big games, so they can't whine too much.... I suppose Miami fans may raise hell, but Miami's losses were to #21 ranked FSU and unranked Ga Tech... They can't raise too much hell if they get ignored... And Auburn lost to Ga Tech, as well, so I've got no sympathy for them, either....

What's up, Plindsey? Are you just trying not to jinx your Seminoles? You know Bowden has owned Beamer. I sure hope this is the season we finally get that monkey off of our back but I'm not counting on it. And that's assuming we get past UNC next week, which I'm not. I think we will win, but I'm sure as hell not assuming it. Miami learned that lesson on Saturday.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:58 am

Gunslinger wrote:

What's up, Plindsey? Are you just trying not to jinx your Seminoles? You know Bowden has owned Beamer. I sure hope this is the season we finally get that monkey off of our back but I'm not counting on it. And that's assuming we get past UNC next week, which I'm not. I think we will win, but I'm sure as hell not assuming it. Miami learned that lesson on Saturday.

It's hard to be a Seminole Fan coming off back-to-back losses... I will be happy as hell if we beat Tech, but I'm not going to set myself up for disappointment.... Obviously, in my heart I'd like to see FSU in the Orange Bowl, but my head tells me Va Tech is the safer pick...

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:02 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:

I like those matchups. I just have a gut feeling Ohio St is going to get in over them because of the ratings. ND deserves to be in no doubt and although Oregon won't do much for ratings I think it will be a spectacular game.

I feel LSU will beat Georgia in the SEC chanpionship though which will eliminate their sugar bowl chances.

Mark Richt has 10 times the experience getting a team ready to play a championship game than Les Miles does... On top of that, I think with Shockley in the game, Georgia has the most talented player on the field... And then factor in the fact that the game is played in Atlanta....

Mark my words - Georgia beats LSU in the SEC Championship game....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby VaderFin » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:08 pm

Oregon is going to get hose'd if they stay at 1 loss. Ohio St. will get in before them.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:11 pm

How awesome would it be if FSU beat Va Tech in the ACC Championship and the Orange Bowl ended up being a meeting between Paterno and Bowden?

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby VaderFin » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:17 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:How awesome would it be if FSU beat Va Tech in the ACC Championship and the Orange Bowl ended up being a meeting between Paterno and Bowden?

Sounds like a crappy game to me. ;-)
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:22 pm

VaderFin wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:How awesome would it be if FSU beat Va Tech in the ACC Championship and the Orange Bowl ended up being a meeting between Paterno and Bowden?

Sounds like a crappy game to me. ;-)

Yeah, I guess the two winningest coaches of all time going at it one time before they retire just has no kind of value whatsoever... :-t

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Next

Return to College Football