Which team/teams will get hosed by BCS this year? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Which team/teams will get hosed by BCS this year?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby sharptongued1 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:38 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
VaderFin wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:How awesome would it be if FSU beat Va Tech in the ACC Championship and the Orange Bowl ended up being a meeting between Paterno and Bowden?

Sounds like a crappy game to me. ;-)

Yeah, I guess the two winningest coaches of all time going at it one time before they retire just has no kind of value whatsoever... :-t

Doesn't mean it'd be a good game though, which is what he was saying, and I agree with.
"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."

Earl Nightingale
sharptongued1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:46 pm

sharptongued1 wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:
VaderFin wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:How awesome would it be if FSU beat Va Tech in the ACC Championship and the Orange Bowl ended up being a meeting between Paterno and Bowden?

Yeah, I guess the two winningest coaches of all time going at it one time before they retire just has no kind of value whatsoever... :-t

Doesn't mean it'd be a good game though, which is what he was saying, and I agree with.

Thanks for your input, ST1, but I've concluded that you just like to disagree with me on any given subject for the sake of the argument, so I've chosen to ignore your posts in the future...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby HskrPwr13 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:12 pm

Interting point was brought up in the az republic today by Bagnato when discussing who should get the bcs at large bids. He was basically saying that Fresno St had perhaps the strongest case for one of the bids.

Combined records of the opponents that said team has lost to are in parenthesis.

Oregon (1 loss to #1 USC)

Notre Dame (16-6) Lost to unranked Mich St(at home) and #1 USC(at home)

Ohis St (20-1) Lost to #2 Texas(at home) and #5 Penn St(on road)

Fresno St (20-1) Lost to #1 USC(on road) and #8 Oregon(on road)

Other schools
Auburn (16-4)
Miami (14-6)
Georgia (16-5)
Alabama (18-3)

To me the order of deserving is
Oregon
Ohio St
Fresno St (no Big win)
Notre Dame (One win over a ranked team, Michigan)
Alabama (Has become too deficient offensively)
Last edited by HskrPwr13 on Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:24 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:I like those matchups. I just have a gut feeling Ohio St is going to get in over them because of the ratings. ND deserves to be in no doubt and although Oregon won't do much for ratings I think it will be a spectacular game.

I feel LSU will beat Georgia in the SEC chanpionship though which will eliminate their sugar bowl chances.

Mark Richt has 10 times the experience getting a team ready to play a championship game than Les Miles does... On top of that, I think with Shockley in the game, Georgia has the most talented player on the field... And then factor in the fact that the game is played in Atlanta....

Mark my words - Georgia beats LSU in the SEC Championship game....

This is the first year I've been interested in College so I'd say you're opinion holds more weight than mine. I don't know enough about the 2 teams to make a fair assessment. I watched each team only once and Georgia got beat and LSU looked really good.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby VaderFin » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:40 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
sharptongued1 wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:
VaderFin wrote:

Thanks for your input, ST1, but I've concluded that you just like to disagree with me on any given subject for the sake of the argument, so I've chosen to ignore your posts in the future...

Nah, notice the ;-)
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:41 pm

HskrPwr13 wrote:Interting point was brought up in the az republic today by Bagnato when discussing who should get the bcs at large bids. He was basically saying that Fresno St had perhaps the strongest case for one of the bids.

Combined records of the opponents that said team has lost to are in parenthesis.

Other schools
Auburn (16-4)
Miami (14-6)
Georgia (16-5)
Alabama (18-3)

Oregon
Ohio St
Fresno St (no Big win)

Chance of Fresno St. getting the bid...a big, fat ZERO.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sharptongued1 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:57 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
sharptongued1 wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:
VaderFin wrote:

No I don't...

*C'mon, that was at least a little funny*

But seriously, I agree with you that it'd make a nice storyline up to the game, but the game itself wouldn't be all that great, which is the point that VaderFin was trying to make, to which I agreed.

PS: For the record, it's you who's poked your head into a thread that I've posted in and disagreed far more than I have done that to you. Look it up. You'd be surprised. It's called, "point/counterpoint." If you're going to post something to refute/disagree with something that I've originally posted, I'm going to evaluate the new information and deduct whether I need to change my opinion on something or continue supporting my original stance. I've actually agreed with you on a couple of things (and posted so). Have you offered me the same courtesy? I think not.
"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."

Earl Nightingale
sharptongued1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:13 pm

sharptongued1 wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:
sharptongued1 wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:
VaderFin wrote:

No I don't...

*C'mon, that was at least a little funny*

But seriously, I agree with you that it'd make a nice storyline up to the game, but the game itself wouldn't be all that great, which is the point that VaderFin was trying to make, to which I agreed.

PS: For the record, it's you who's poked your head into a thread that I've posted in and disagreed far more than I have done that to you. Look it up. You'd be surprised. It's called, "point/counterpoint." If you're going to post something to refute/disagree with something that I've originally posted, I'm going to evaluate the new information and deduct whether I need to change my opinion on something or continue supporting my original stance. I've actually agreed with you on a couple of things (and posted so). Have you offered me the same courtesy? I think not.

When you're right about something I'll let you know... ;-D

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Balanced Man » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:20 pm

Here's what I foresee

Rose Bowl: USC v. Texas

Orange Bowl: Va Tech v. Ohio State

Sugar Bowl: West Virginia v. LSU

Fiesta Bowl: Notre Dame v. Penn State

I don't think that any team gets hosed with this scenario. If anyone gets hosed, its Oregon. They have one loss, but the caliber of teams in the Pac-10 is terrible compared to any of the other BCS conferences (Except the Big East).

If a team deserves to drop it's Notre Dame. Minimal wins against ranked teams. The only reason they are in, is ratings. Ohio State is also in because of ratings, but they have tough competition in thier conference too.

However, if Penn State gets picked first for the Fiesta, OSU will be the odd man out because ND will go to the Orange vs. VT. OSU won't get a bid to play PSU again, it will be Oregon in the fold.
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby HskrPwr13 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:40 pm

VaderFin wrote:
HskrPwr13 wrote:Interting point was brought up in the az republic today by Bagnato when discussing who should get the bcs at large bids. He was basically saying that Fresno St had perhaps the strongest case for one of the bids.

Other schools
Auburn (16-4)
Miami (14-6)
Georgia (16-5)
Alabama (18-3)

Oregon
Ohio St
Fresno St (no Big win)

Chance of Fresno St. getting the bid...a big, fat ZERO.

I agree. Just thought it was interesting that a better case could be made for other teams than ND, yet they'll be one of the two that gets the at large because they're ND.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to College Football