top 10 (offense) drafted in 06 to make fantasy impact - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

top 10 (offense) drafted in 06 to make fantasy impact

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby noleguy33 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:09 pm

any chance calvin johnson comes out early?
noleguy33
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:37 pm

noleguy33 wrote:any chance calvin johnson comes out early?

Calvin Johnson is a sophmore this year, so he is not eligible to come out until the end of next season. When he does he will probably be a top 5 pick.
IMO he is the best college WR prospect of any class and the only player close is Dwayne Jarrett.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ShoelessJoe » Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:28 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
noleguy33 wrote:any chance calvin johnson comes out early?

Calvin Johnson is a sophmore this year, so he is not eligible to come out until the end of next season. When he does he will probably be a top 5 pick.
IMO he is the best college WR prospect of any class and the only player close is Dwayne Jarrett.

As someone who has seen him in person, I'd have to put South Carolina's Sidney Rice in that category. I'll be interested to see who gets picked first between Johnson and Rice but I'm guessing they'll both be top 5 picks in '07.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby CC » Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:35 pm

I've seen Rice play twice and have been pretty impressed with his game, the main thing with him is that he doesn't have top end speed (mid 4.5) and he is a twig at 6'4 and 190 pounds. Personally I wouldn't rank him as a top prospect for next year's draft but things can change a lot over the course of a year.

Edit: I didn't realise Rice was only a freshman this year. I think he will be a solid 8-15 pick when he comes.
Last edited by Canadian_Cheesehead on Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby confused_jake » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:31 pm

I like the reciever for ND, samardja or somethin like that. he reminds me of jurevicious, but thats probably because they are both big and white.
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mustangs989 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:35 pm

confused_jake wrote:I like the reciever for ND, samardja or somethin like that. he reminds me of jurevicious, but thats probably because they are both big and white.

That's a decent comparison for him, I don't think he has the tools to be a 1st round pick but should be a solid 2nd or 3rd I would think. It's also not for sure that he'll even enter the NFL draft as he is a very good baseball player and could pursue that.
Mustangs989
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CC » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:19 pm

Mustangs989 wrote:
confused_jake wrote:I like the reciever for ND, samardja or somethin like that. he reminds me of jurevicious, but thats probably because they are both big and white.

That's a decent comparison for him, I don't think he has the tools to be a 1st round pick but should be a solid 2nd or 3rd I would think. It's also not for sure that he'll even enter the NFL draft as he is a very good baseball player and could pursue that.

I agree he is a solid 2nd or 3rd rounder, but Scott Wright (nfldraftcountdown.com) has said that he now is looking at football moreso than baseball, for a career because it is much easier to be playing in the league sooner. I agree that he will return next year.
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to College Football