Reggie Bush - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Reggie Bush

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby footballchick23 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:01 pm

gatorman1122 wrote:Just curious, anyone here know what Reggie Bush's 40 time is?

http://espn.go.com/recruiting/s/2002/0506/1378709.html

Kinda old stats, but I can only imagine he's gotten faster....he's from my neighboring high school and the kid was an absolute stud...glad to see he's continued his success in college and should do so in the NFl...just hope he goes somewhere with a halfway decent O-line!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jh2031 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:39 pm

footballchick23 wrote:
gatorman1122 wrote:Just curious, anyone here know what Reggie Bush's 40 time is?

Kinda old stats, but I can only imagine he's gotten faster....he's from my neighboring high school and the kid was an absolute stud...glad to see he's continued his success in college and should do so in the NFl...just hope he goes somewhere with a halfway decent O-line!

He'll be great even with a so so Oline...he's incredible!
jh2031
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Bravos of Steel » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:43 pm

jh2031 wrote:
footballchick23 wrote:

hopefully in one way or another our Steelers will get 'em ;-D
Bravos of Steel
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Popcynical » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:46 pm

Bravos of Steel wrote:
jh2031 wrote:
footballchick23 wrote:

Hah, keep dreaming.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Bravos of Steel » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:48 pm

Popcynical wrote:
Bravos of Steel wrote:
jh2031 wrote:
footballchick23 wrote:

Hah, keep dreaming.

well one can dream, can't they? :-b
Bravos of Steel
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby jh2031 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:13 am

Bravos of Steel wrote:
Popcynical wrote:
Bravos of Steel wrote:
jh2031 wrote:
footballchick23 wrote:

Hah, keep dreaming.

well one can dream, can't they? :-b

Man, i wish the Steelers could get him...that'd be incredible. I'll keep dreaming though. ;-)
jh2031
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby CC » Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:31 pm

footballchick23 wrote:

I would say just from watching him he probably runs around a high 4.3 to 4.4 now.

There is a massive difference between 40 time and game speed.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby StudentOfTheGame » Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:12 pm

I'd have to agree that he runs in the 4.3 range when at top speed....He is one of those rare talents who can shift into that extra gear when he breaks into the open field....As Madden would say, "If he's even, he's leavin'"....He is sensational..I'm growing tired of people trying to compare him to other great college backs. He truly is a rare talent....There are no comparisons.....If I had to compare him to someone though I'd say hes a blend of Sanders and Faulk...Versatile and extremely explosive.

I'm a New Orleans Saints fan and even though we just signed Deuce to a huge contract, I still would not mind seeing him sporting black and gold on Sundays.
StudentOfTheGame
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Gang Green » Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:43 pm

I would love to see Bush in Jet green next year. I'm also a big ND fan. ND played as well as they could play against SC but the kid Bush was playing the game on another level. The absolute difference in the game. Other wordly vision and cutting. With Curtis wearing down and Lamont now wearing silver and black, I'll pray they take him. Of course the Jets could use Leinart just as badly but I'm not as confident in him being a Pro Bowler like Bush.
Gang Green
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GMoney » Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:06 am

everyone is saying that Bush needs a decent o line to succeed. That IMO is the beauty of Bush, he DOESNT need an o line to succeed.

Take Baltimore for example, they built their O Line to run. huge guys who just push the D Line backwards 3 yards every play and hope their back can get 1 or 2 more on top of that.

Bush wont be that sort of runner, and thus you dont need that sort of O Line, Bush excells because you can move him anywhere, split him out wide, motion him, screens to him, dumps to him, etc. you really wont see this guy bangin away inbetween the tackles all that much thus the OLine he needs is negligable, i mean how hard is it to let the D through and set up a screen?

Whoever drafts Bush will be well advised to use him as he was used at USC, let him touch the ball 20 times a game, but 5 are screens, 5 are pitches, 5 times hes split out wide and 5 times he runs inside.

Whoever drafts Bush should have another RB on the roster who can run inside. I dont think the texans would take him, but the Jets (should they get him) should keep Blaylock, and the Niners should keep either Barlow or Gore (heck keep both).

So, after all that rambling.... Bush doesnt need an Oline because he prolly wont be runnin through their holes all that much, he makes his own space. The Oline on the team with Bush should re-gear themselves into a pass protecting maching (like indy).
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk