Michael Irvin - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Michael Irvin

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby AcesFull » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:47 pm

There isn't anything I hate more than Berman and that stupid noise he makes. Whooop!
The Guru
Cutler, Schaub, Thigpen
Addai, Portis, Slaton, Rhodes, Ward
B Marshall, Andre Johnson, Randy Moss, A. Bryant
Cooley, Boss
Prater
Dolphins, Vikings
AcesFull
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby RocketsDWM » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:22 am

AcesFull wrote:There isn't anything I hate more than Berman and that stupid noise he makes. Whooop!

Thats the only reason I listen to the recap of the games on Sunday.

I have yet to hear Michael Irvin make a logical argument about anything. I'll be shocked if he makes an intelligent comment that I dont already know about.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Halcyon » Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:28 am

Shannon sharpe is a hundred times worse. Especially when he's doing highlights--he cannot read a teleprompter to save his freaking life. Half the time he's incomprehensible.
Halcyon Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby hwilensk261 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:05 am

I find Berman to be corny and I feel embarassed for him whenever he makes that WHOOP noise. I don't think he has a clue of how bad he looks
hwilensk261
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby TheDiplomats » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:13 am

I think Chris Berman is funny as hell. It's always funny as hell watching his announcing after the games. He has phrases for everything.

CURTIS MY FAVORITE MARTIN
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:16 am

hwilensk261 wrote:I find Berman to be corny and I feel embarassed for him whenever he makes that WHOOP noise. I don't think he has a clue of how bad he looks

I concur.

I can't even watch the show any more. It's exactly the same every week except for the scores and highlights. He uses the same lame nicknames, makes the same lame sounds, and acts like a doofus.

"Daylight Come And Me Want to Delhomme!" was funny the first time. I've heard it about 700 times since.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby gogogadget » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:31 am

TheDiplomats wrote:I think Chris Berman is funny as hell. It's always funny as hell watching his announcing after the games. He has phrases for everything.

CURTIS MY FAVORITE MARTIN

I can't stand those. He tries way too hard.
"When I know nothing, the possibilities are endless."
gogogadget
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Paladyr » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:02 am

Halcyon wrote:Shannon sharpe is a hundred times worse. Especially when he's doing highlights--he cannot read a teleprompter to save his freaking life. Half the time he's incomprehensible.

So true...

I like the ESPN crew, just b/c it looks like they are all genuinely having a good time. Fox is okay too. The only time I watch fox though is at halftime so I can watch highlights in HD. I don't have ESPN HD.
Go Bengals!
'06 FF Champion!
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby benjapage » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:07 am

hwilensk261 wrote:I find Berman to be corny and I feel embarassed for him whenever he makes that WHOOP noise. I don't think he has a clue of how bad he looks

he's getting paid quite a bit to look "bad."

b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby josebach » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:11 am

Paladyr wrote:
Halcyon wrote:Shannon sharpe is a hundred times worse. Especially when he's doing highlights--he cannot read a teleprompter to save his freaking life. Half the time he's incomprehensible.

So true...

I like the ESPN crew, just b/c it looks like they are all genuinely having a good time. Fox is okay too. The only time I watch fox though is at halftime so I can watch highlights in HD. I don't have ESPN HD.

The only thing about Irvin I don't like is that any time a player is criticized for anything, especially wide receivers, he ALWAYS takes the player's side. When you have somebody that is that biased, it's hard to trust anything they say.

Actually, that's not the only thing I don't like about him. He's always hanging on the other hosts. One of these days I know Steve Young is going to lose it and say "STOP F-ING TOUCHING ME ALREADY!!!" :-b
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk