The Ladders Gods hate me. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cafe Games Talk

The Ladders Gods hate me.

Moderator: Football Moderators

The Ladders Gods hate me.

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:15 am

I have had about enough of this game. I get 13 right and lose, and then I have a chance to tie for a win if GB can just beat the stinking Vikes AT HOME, and they still freaking lose.

I am tired of 2nd in this game. You only get so many chances to win it, and I've probably blown them all this year. I run the game, but I can't win it. I can win freaking Baseball Ladders, a game I should have no business winning because it's really hard and I don't like baseball as much...but not football which I know more about.

Yes, I am a sore loser. No one likes it, but that's my way.

So freaking frustrating and I needed to vent...things are not going well for me these days in anything.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Madison » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:53 am

Ouch. :-/ Sorry to hear that Mercer, I thought you were looking good to get your icon this week. :-/

Keep at it man ;-D . I know you can do it! ;-D

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WickedSmaat » Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:13 am

I'm hoping I can get another solid ladder in this year. I've been foiled 2 weeks in a row by the upsets. I'm sure you'll get it eventually. I just hope I can get mine before you ;)
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby SniperShot » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:05 am

Well Green Bay was my number 2 pick I think so I'll get a whole whopping 1 point this week. Plus I busted on backjack scoring 23 points. Plus I lost in Sweet sixteen last week the last week before the icon. Yup I feel your pain.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Arlo » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:39 am

Ouch. Darn those Monday night upsets... !+)

Better luck next time, MB! ;-D
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:25 am

Sorry MB...Looks like my prediction of Gado scoring a bazillion points for you too fell a little short.

Feel free to blame me for your loss, and post a bitching out thread in the Cafe. I will take the heat. :-D
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:38 pm

Just my luck...once again I have all the games but one. This time, I managed to put the lost game as my 2nd choice. Stupid Oakland; how could they let Miami score that many points? :-t :~(
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby jayday » Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:36 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:Just my luck...once again I have all the games but one. This time, I managed to put the lost game as my 2nd choice. Stupid Oakland; how could they let Miami score that many points? :-t :~(

ouch MB....you hit every one but the 2nd rung....AND....you even put in your message something like "tough games, im not even sure about my 2nd rung"....if thats not a hex, i dont know what is....

chin up mercer....you'll get it sooner than later ;-D
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby daullaz » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:26 pm

Provided Indy wins tonight, the Oakland game messed up a 13-rung ladder for me this week (guess I get the Unluckiest Ladder Award).

Note to self... Check Mercer's ladder before I submit picks. :-/
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)

Postby jayday » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:37 pm

daullaz wrote:Provided Indy wins tonight, the Oakland game messed up a 13-rung ladder for me this week (guess I get the Unluckiest Ladder Award).

Note to self... Check Mercer's ladder before I submit picks. :-/

(in my best Lee Corso impersonation)...uh uh, not so fast my friend... :-b

IF indy wins....that miami-oakland game busted a 14 rung ladder for me :~(
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Next

Return to Cafe Games Talk