Peyton Manning--Most overrated quarterback in history - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Peyton Manning--Most overrated quarterback in history

Moderator: Football Moderators

At no moment in your incoherent ramblings

Postby Gamejockey99 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:17 pm

Did you even come close to what would be considered a complete thought. You are awarded no points. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having to listen to the start of this thread. I guess Montana was surrounded by talent and also sucks and Young, just bad QBs surrounded by good talent. Comes in the league and starts 15 of 16 games and goes on to 2005 where he is dominating the big dogs. We'll be more sure after this monday night.
"Pull Your Head Out!"
Gamejockey99
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby aaronk » Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:05 pm

To those that say Manning runs the offense as good as any offensive coordinator must not have seen the Thanksgiving game. If you did than I'm sure you know where I'm going. 4 minutes left in the game and the Colts are up by 2 scores. Time for the Colts to run out the clock right? Nope, egotistical Peyton decides to change the next 3 play calls and try to put the game away by throwing the ball. Long story short he took 14 seconds off the clock. But that's ok cuz he's the best qb playing right now and HE runs the offense. Could have been ugly, but he lucked out. Just like his TD record. How many times were the Colts on the 1yd line and Peyton throws a TD pass rather than giving the ball to one of the best rbs in the league?
aaronk
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby sharptongued1 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:16 pm

aaronk wrote:How many times were the Colts on the 1yd line and Peyton throws a TD pass rather than giving the ball to one of the best rbs in the league?

Probably have something to do with his, "elite" back's complete inability to nut up and punch it in from the one.
"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."

Earl Nightingale
sharptongued1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ScrappyDoo » Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:44 pm

Manning is a pathetic loser he makes millions of dollars and still finds the time to make several horrible mastercard commercials. He has 0 superbowl rings, and I heard in high school he had a sexual encounter in the locker room with another one of his teammates, coincidence?
ScrappyDoo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SniperShot » Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:43 pm

Peyton Manning is the best QB in the game right now. Be it the system, be it the players around him. I really don't care I just love watching the Colts play on offense. The way he directs the offense is just a joy to watch. Talking about what he would be like on the Texans is like talking about snow in the summer- Totally useless.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby benm3218 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:15 pm

Insight into Shader......

First of all, he is my brother in law and I have known him for 7 yrs.
In that time he has been one of the most devoted Bama fans I've ever seen. Hence, his love of SA and hatred of Manning and anything else related to VOLS. Every person who posted something on here about Manning being bad or gay etc... Shader reads these posts and gets a small shiver up his spine. It thrills him.

Second, he loves to argue, and bait you into dumb circular logic type discussions. Example, was the way he said Payton was just stats, then a few posts back said STATS were all we had to judge a player by.... which one is it Shader?????

Third, due to his hatred of anything Vols, and thereby hatred of Manning. He has proclaimed Brady the best QB in the NFL and far far better than Manning, since Brady beat Payton in play-offs. Brady will forever be his hero due to keeping Manning from Superbowl.(laughable)

Shader! Look at the current situation!!!!! This year Manning has a better D and subsequently has had to pass less, and will probably win the Superbowl this year. Brady though has had a D that collapsed due to many things, and because of that HE is now the one passing more and putting up more STATS than usual. It is not Mannings fault that the D was bad before.... Take your Bama blinders off and look at the real world please. Payton is great, and Brady without a stellar D is now losing games for his team. If you want to hang losses ALL on the shoulders of Payton, then hang the Patriots losses ALL on Bradys shoulders... Oh but wait, you wouldn't do that would you?

lol Shader I have to hand it to you.... You caused quite a stir and I'm sure you loved every minute of it.
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Warhawk » Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:20 pm

sharptongued1 wrote:
aaronk wrote:How many times were the Colts on the 1yd line and Peyton throws a TD pass rather than giving the ball to one of the best rbs in the league?

Probably have something to do with his, "elite" back's complete inability to nut up and punch it in from the one.

And also...

Say it after me.

P...L...A...Y... A...C...T...I...O...N
Warhawk
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby eaglesrule » Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:38 pm

this is really the dumbest argument sometimes.

Sometimes to be the best, you have to direct the best.

Yes, sometimes good qb's make the most of a bad situation.

Othertimes, the best is someone who coordinates the best.

Phil Jackson comes to mind.

Say what you will, but jordan, pippen, kobe, shaq didn't win until he came along.

I think peyton is like that, probably wouldn't be good with bad teammates, he wouldn't have the patience etc. but as the director of an elite squad? I'd rather have him over almost anyone who has played other than maybe montana or marino. I know he hasn't won a bowl. And I believe playoff wins/bowls COUNT. But there is something to be said too for the fact he doesn;t play d either. I think the "bowl" is one of several considerations. AND, he ain't done yet.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby sharptongued1 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:57 pm

Warhawk wrote:
sharptongued1 wrote:

And also...

Say it after me.

P...L...A...Y... A...C...T...I...O...N

From the one? Look, I think James is one of the best backs in the league, but it's no secret he's not a great goal line back. Every pro has a chink in the armor; that's James'.
"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."

Earl Nightingale
sharptongued1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:28 am

Just to back up the Edge from the goalline thing with stats.

Last year Edge actually had the 3rd most goalline carries of anyone in the NFL, and with those carries he finished 2nd to last in YPC, and TD Percentage (number of TDs divided by carries).
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk