Peyton Manning--Most overrated quarterback in history - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Peyton Manning--Most overrated quarterback in history

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby RocketsDWM » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:46 am

benm3218 wrote:Insight into Shader......

First of all, he is my brother in law and I have known him for 7 yrs.
In that time he has been one of the most devoted Bama fans I've ever seen. Hence, his love of SA and hatred of Manning and anything else related to VOLS. Every person who posted something on here about Manning being bad or gay etc... Shader reads these posts and gets a small shiver up his spine. It thrills him.

Second, he loves to argue, and bait you into dumb circular logic type discussions. Example, was the way he said Payton was just stats, then a few posts back said STATS were all we had to judge a player by.... which one is it Shader?????

Third, due to his hatred of anything Vols, and thereby hatred of Manning. He has proclaimed Brady the best QB in the NFL and far far better than Manning, since Brady beat Payton in play-offs. Brady will forever be his hero due to keeping Manning from Superbowl.(laughable)

Shader! Look at the current situation!!!!! This year Manning has a better D and subsequently has had to pass less, and will probably win the Superbowl this year. Brady though has had a D that collapsed due to many things, and because of that HE is now the one passing more and putting up more STATS than usual. It is not Mannings fault that the D was bad before.... Take your Bama blinders off and look at the real world please. Payton is great, and Brady without a stellar D is now losing games for his team. If you want to hang losses ALL on the shoulders of Payton, then hang the Patriots losses ALL on Bradys shoulders... Oh but wait, you wouldn't do that would you?

lol Shader I have to hand it to you.... You caused quite a stir and I'm sure you loved every minute of it.

You cant really argue with the statement I put in bold. The superbowl rings will back that up.

Compare what Brady and Manning have done in their careers then re-adjust your argument about who is the better quarterback. Perhaps look at the three superbowls and the playoff games leading up to them. As of right now, Manning is the better REGULAR season QB and Brady is the better POSTSEASON QB. I respect Manning for what he does in the regular season, he puts up amazing stats that are by far the best in the league. However, come crunch time, he seems to lack that intangible quality that would propel him to the next level. Until he is able to go deep into the playoffs (go to a superbowl or even win one), Brady will still be the better QB.

Is it necessary to compare who they have to work with on offense this year or in yrs previous? (the yrs Brady won the superbowl). I'm not sure I have to go farther than stating this comparison : Antowain Smith vs Edge. :-? I wonder who I would rather have on my team.

The bottom line is that Manning is not overrated, this thread is simply a joke and was intended to be such. He is one of the premier QB's in the league but when the pressure builds, he falters.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Slingblade » Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:38 am

Can we get a lock on this thread...totally pointless...maybe a week ban for the creator? ;-D
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Matthias » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:35 am

RocketsDWM wrote:
benm3218 wrote:Insight into Shader......

He has proclaimed Brady the best QB in the NFL and far far better than Manning, since Brady beat Payton in play-offs. Brady will forever be his hero due to keeping Manning from Superbowl.(laughable)

You cant really argue with the statement I put in bold. The superbowl rings will back that up.

Compare what Brady and Manning have done in their careers then re-adjust your argument about who is the better quarterback. Perhaps look at the three superbowls and the playoff games leading up to them. As of right now, Manning is the better REGULAR season QB and Brady is the better POSTSEASON QB. I respect Manning for what he does in the regular season, he puts up amazing stats that are by far the best in the league. However, come crunch time, he seems to lack that intangible quality that would propel him to the next level. Until he is able to go deep into the playoffs (go to a superbowl or even win one), Brady will still be the better QB.

Is it necessary to compare who they have to work with on offense this year or in yrs previous? (the yrs Brady won the superbowl). I'm not sure I have to go farther than stating this comparison : Antowain Smith vs Edge. :-? I wonder who I would rather have on my team.

The bottom line is that Manning is not overrated, this thread is simply a joke and was intended to be such. He is one of the premier QB's in the league but when the pressure builds, he falters.

nfl teams will be happy to know that success in the playoffs has nothing to do with: defense, special teams, offensive line, head coaches and assistant coaches. all they have to do is draft a "clutch" quarterback and they'll have their fans basking in championship glory.

trent dilfer "won" the super bowl, for chrissakes.

the only major team sport that you can make individual arguments regarding championships is basketball because of the low number of players, the low extent to which players have to rely upon their teammates to put points on the board, and that players play both offense and defense. making this argument in football is just silly.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk