I would rather take R Bush over M Leinert - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

I would rather take R Bush over M Leinert

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:58 pm

Reggie Bush is fantastic, and he is a top 3 prospect in my eyes, but you can get a RB from anywhere and if you have the hogs in front of him he can put up numbers, you can't just plug in any QB and expect them to make plays.

Leinart over Bush strictly because of positional scarcity.

Then again if I already have a young QB, its Bush or Ferguson all day and twice on Sundays.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby confused_jake » Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:58 pm

I believe that lendale white is going to be the better nfl back. he has the size and power to withstand nfl hits that i dont think bush will be able to take.
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby maddog60 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:14 pm

Leinhart. No matter how good a RB is, a franchise QB is priceless.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:23 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Leinart over Bush strictly because of positional scarcity.

This sounds funny on a fantasy football website ;). It's very possible that in a few years we could be seeing the exact opposite sentence with people debating who should go first in a FF draft.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby jerzey jetz » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:06 pm

I would rather have Al Toon over Wesley Walker. What a game against the Dolphins that year. I think it was like 51-45. Walker with his over the shoulder catches. My brother was lucky enough to be at that game. I just had to comment cause of your signature :)

On the question at hand. If the pro scouts don't know what they're getting, who are we to know who will be better? You're guess is as good as anyone elses.
jerzey jetz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Popcynical » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:37 pm

If Bush gains a few pounds of muscle and develop some Barry Sanders type moves that can work in the NFL, then he's got a great chance.
Last edited by Popcynical on Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:14 am

ActiOnJunkie76 wrote:
foulballstrike3 wrote:SF won't have the first pick. Houston will, but they already have Carr and DD. They need that big lineman out of VA. They'll trade it away.

Have you seen the way the jets been playing latley????

They will take Matt, and cut Chads 15 million salary !!!

IF the Jets get the 1st pick, they will screw it up. They have a long history of screwing up 1st round draft picks.

1983: 24th pick Ken O'Brien...27th pick Dan Marino
1985: 10th pick Al Toon...16th pick Jerry Rice
(Imagine that Combo! Marino to Rice...unreal)
1988: 8th pick Dave Cadigan...11th pick Michael Irvin
1990: 2nd pick Blair Thomas...5th pick Junior Seau, 17th pick Emmitt Smith
(Blair Thomas was out of football in a few years, other 2 will be in Canton)
1995: 9th pick Kyle Brady...other 1st rounders picked later: Warren Sapp, Ty Law, Derrick Brooks
1996: 1st pick Meshawn Johnson...Other 1st round WR's:Terry Glenn, Marvin Harrison, Eric Moulds. Other positions:Simeon Rice, Jonathan Ogden, Ray Lewis
2000: 18th pick Chad Pennington...19th pick Shaun Alexander
2002: 22nd pick Bryan Thomas...24th pick Ed Reed

I know some of these examples of poor drafting are players at different positions, but look at the same position 1st round blunders.

O'Brien instead of Marino
Toon instead of Rice
Blair Thomas instead of Emmitt Smith

If the Jets get the 1st pick in next years draft...I predict that they will pick the backup punter from Columbia and the next 4 picks will go on to be Hall-Of-Famers!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby UNDEFEATED » Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:31 am

Popcynical wrote:If Bush gains a few pounds of muscle and develop some Barry Sanders moves that can work in the NFL, then he's got a great chance.

You cannot learn Barry Sanders "moves." You are born with it.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Popcynical » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:41 am

UNDEFEATED wrote:
Popcynical wrote:If Bush gains a few pounds of muscle and develop some Barry Sanders moves that can work in the NFL, then he's got a great chance.

You cannot learn Barry Sanders "moves." You are born with it.

Yes, because as soon as Barry Sanders was born he broke off an 80 yard run through the hospital avoiding nurses and doctors that attempted to tackle him before he scored a touchdown. Don't tell me that Barry Sanders didn't have to work to get as good as he did. Much of it was talent, but he still studied other running backs (Thurman Thomas being a prime example from when Sanders was a backup to him at Oklahoma State.)

I never said learn Barry Sanders moves. I said develop. To learn is to acquire knowledge. To develop is to enhance or improve. I'm not saying Reggie Bush will ever become as good as Barry Sanders, because I don't think he will. I'm saying Reggie Bush should study some of the "moves"--and yes, Barry Sanders had moves--and could enhance his own performance from that.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Vixtor » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:36 am

Depends on the team. Someone that needs both positions for whatever reason is best advised to take the quarterback. An above average to very good running back is easy to find. Really easy. Meanwhile, there are teams that have gone literally decades without a franchise quarterback. These are absurdly difficult to find. I'm not saying Leinart is one, projecting quarterbacks into the NFL is akin to flipping coins, but if you guess right the rewards are significant. Even if you end up with an all-time great back this means nothing.
The facts have no meaning.
Vixtor
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk