Phil Simms vs. Steve Young - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Phil Simms vs. Steve Young

Moderator: Football Moderators

Phil Simms vs. Steve Young

Postby hwilensk261 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:05 pm

Pretty funny stuff:

An agitated Phil Simms responded directly to comments made on ESPN's Sunday pre-game show by Steve Young that seemed to question the mental toughness of Simms' son, Chris, who is now the starting quarterback for the Bucs.

When asked about Young's comments, Simms, CBS' lead game analyst, said Young's assessment was "fantasy talk."

Simms questioned Young's TV work ethic by saying, "Well, Steve, follow football more than one day a week and you might know some of those answers."

After hearing Simms' response, Young left a message on Simms' cell phone, but did not plan on apologizing.

"Maybe what I will say is that I will be more careful about how I articulate what I'm thinking about young quarterbacks because it certainly had nothing to do with him personally," Young told The Post.

On ESPN's "NFL CountDown" Sunday, after saying Chris has a future in the league, Young added, "But what I worry about is his mental toughness. His dad was one of the greatest at being tough and handling all the criticisms . . . I worry that he grew up in a much different atmosphere, a laissez-faire kind of atmosphere. And I'm worried that he really doesn't have the mental toughness to deal with the information overload that comes with the NFL."

Simms responded by saying, "There is one thing I know my son doesn't lack, and that is toughness. And he didn't grow up in a laissez-faire atmosphere, far from it. Come to my house and live around with me and we'll see how laissez-faire it is.
hwilensk261
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hwilensk261 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:05 pm

"I don't know how Steve Young lives his life, but I don't live mine that way. And I didn't raise my kids that way. You can say whatever you want about my son, the one thing that will get me mad and I'll stand in your face about it, is about toughness."
hwilensk261
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mikus » Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:07 pm

girl fight!!!
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:22 pm

I'd be surprised if either of those guys know what laissez-faire is...they probably think that it means he has the attitude of a mouse.

LAISSEZ-FAIRE IS EVERYWHERE!!!

:-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:28 pm

Isn't he kind of proving Young's point by fighting his kid's battles and interfering? Let Chris respond---if he feels it even dignifies a response---and let him prove his mental toughness. Unless he is crying because of it and can't talk right now.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby josebach » Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:43 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:Isn't he kind of proving Young's point by fighting his kid's battles and interfering? Let Chris respond---if he feels it even dignifies a response---and let him prove his mental toughness. Unless he is crying because of it and can't talk right now.

Yeah, I agree. Analysts have opinions ALL the time. Sometimes they're right and sometimes they're wrong. It's the player's job to prove the analyst right or wrong. It's not the player's Dad's job to prove the analyst right or wrong.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby moonhead » Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:22 pm

josebach wrote:
Sixxgunn wrote:Isn't he kind of proving Young's point by fighting his kid's battles and interfering? Let Chris respond---if he feels it even dignifies a response---and let him prove his mental toughness. Unless he is crying because of it and can't talk right now.

Yeah, I agree. Analysts have opinions ALL the time. Sometimes they're right and sometimes they're wrong. It's the player's job to prove the analyst right or wrong. It's not the player's Dad's job to prove the analyst right or wrong.

exactly. way to come to the rescue, Dad. :-t
You should have waited for Mack Brown to swoop in and take all the criticism of Chrissy, like he used to. ;-7
chrissy is a chump. he was at texas and he always will be.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby VaderFin » Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:36 pm

In best whiny voice: "Was somebody mean to daddy's little boy?" :-t
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:38 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:I'd be surprised if either of those guys know what laissez-faire is...they probably think that it means he has the attitude of a mouse.

LAISSEZ-FAIRE IS EVERYWHERE!!!

:-D

Oh that was a sweet pull ;-D ;-D ;-D

Who doesn't love a good cat fight.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby lmcjaho » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:14 am

josebach wrote:

A) Phil spent too much time listening to Kellen Winslow defending da Souljah this offseason

B) Simms would pimp-slap Young's ass in a head-to-head fight...

I say let them go at it UFC-style to settle this one gang...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Next

Return to Football Talk