Nebraska Vrs. Colorado - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Nebraska Vrs. Colorado

Moderator: Football Moderators

Nebraska Vrs. Colorado

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:45 pm

Any CU fans out there? what are everyones predictions on the game? cant wait tell friday!
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VaderFin » Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:58 pm

I remember when this game use to mean something.......
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:51 pm

it might not mean anything on the national title scale but still means a lot to Nebraskans and Coloradans. If CU wins they will play in the Big 12 championship, if NU wins we will knock em out of the title game and have some serious bragging rights. plus the fact that will be go to a decent bowl game.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby HskrPwr13 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:50 pm

Gotta be honest, Show. I think we're gonna get hammered :( Never thought I'd ever make a prediction like that. If they play halfways decent, I think the score will be something like 35-17 for CU. I Hope I'm wrong. I also hope Beck gets some time. I'd hate to think Callahan burned his redshirt for 6 passes, 1 completion.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:16 pm

I dont understand why everyone made a big deal about burning becks redshirt. Callahan HAD to put the best QB on the field because lets face it...we NEEDED to win that game. He believed Beck was the best we had so he played him. I dont see anything wrong with that.

I really hope your wrong as well with your prediction. If Taylor plays like he did against Kansas State i think we have a chance. From reading the newspapers it sounds like these guys are really hyped up about this rivalry. Hopefully we can make a game out of it... I hate Colorado....
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby HskrPwr13 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:13 pm

Need is a pretty strong word. Mind you we were winning that game til Beck got picked. Hind sight is 20/20 but seemed to me, while Beck was throwing incompletion after imcompletion, that bringin in Ganz to just hand off would have been equally effective given the situation. Right or wrong its just another of many questionable decisons by Callahan throughout his Husker tenure. Anway, good luck to us!
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby sharptongued1 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:51 pm

We also burned that redshirt to solidify Freeman's verbal. It was rumoured he was going to take an official to Oklahoma and they did not want to risk losing him.

Now, onto the game. I don't think we get hammered like HskrPwr13 claims, but we could easily lose this game. I'm hoping for a Husker win, something in the 24-20 range.
"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."

Earl Nightingale
sharptongued1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:37 pm

i still think Callahan knows the team better than any of us.... i think we gotta give him some time as well... we improved this year no doubt... you gotta give him a chance to get some of his players in and implament his system. If we havent made a push for the top 10 in the next 3 years i would say then maybe we could look for a change...
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby knapplc » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:57 pm

This game is not a big deal. I just can't get myself to be concerned over Colorado. I almost care whether CU wins or loses any of their games, but whether we (NU) win or lose to them doesn't really matter to me - we're going to a bowl game and by beating them we don't go to a better one.

Colorado is going to smoosh us. It's not going to be close - something like 30 points. IF we had Bradley and Octavien at LB it would be a contest, but only if our offense had itself figured out by now. We don't have Bradley or Octavien and our offense is a joke. There's no way we score 13 points on these guys.

Our biggest problem isn't on defense, though - it's the O-Line. This is easily the worst Line we've had at Nebraska since before I was born (1970). These guys are terrible. In a way I'm glad they're playing Murtha and the other younger guys, but this is why Taylor is taking a pounding back there. If we had a decent line we'd have two more wins this year.

Let's chalk this season up to another rebuilding year, be glad we made it to a bowl game, and get ready for 2006.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby HskrPwr13 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:04 am

I agree with you, knapplc, on the O-line being attrocious, but gotta say that the D seems to be pretty bad compared to what I'm used to. This D is as bad as Bohl's last year.

On a general note, last year the problems on D could be attributed to bad attitudes. Whats the excuse this year? Personally, I'm willing to give this offense another year or two if I see the problems that this team has with fundamentals resolved, but that defense shouldnt have the problems its having with getting gashed by average to poor teams. This I really have issue with. I think Callahan needs to look at his staff over the off season and start handing out some ultimatums. The fumbles, missed tackles, busted assignments, false strarts, and delay of games, are killing this team. I could see if they were getting beat straight up. Then we would just need better recruits. But fundamentally, this team just isnt sound, and to a large degee, I've got to put that on the coaching staff. Could you imagine what their record would have been if the mental mistakes had been limited. They'd probably be undefeated right now. I dont think they've played a team yet, that I would say is just plain more talented than the Huskers. They're just not getting the job done between their ears.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to College Football