Nebraska Vrs. Colorado - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Nebraska Vrs. Colorado

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:07 pm

GO Huskers!

Really glad the kids played well this week and shut up all the Husker "fans" who were calling for Callahans job and saying how horrible we were. I know we arent championship caliber yet but it does look promising....

Its always great to beat CU. They are such a CLASSY bunch!! :-b
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mustangs989 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:19 pm

Iowa St. just choked away the Big 12 North championship. It looks like Nebraska could possibly be playing Iowa in the Alamo which would be a pretty interesting game if Nebraska plays like they did yesterday and Iowa like they did the last 2 games.
Mustangs989
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby gogogadget » Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:32 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:it might not mean anything on the national title scale but still means a lot to Nebraskans and Coloradans. If CU wins they will play in the Big 12 championship, if NU wins we will knock em out of the title game and have some serious bragging rights. plus the fact that will be go to a decent bowl game.

Well, you still have your bragging rights.

moonhead wrote:yeah fork the SEC and their high and might attitude. LSU is solid. tongue-in-cheek.gif
almost lost to arkansas. you guys suck.

the big 10 is overrated. the pac 10 is terrible. every conference in NCAA football is bad. no conference is that much better than the other.

Trying to argue the ranks of conferences is difficult. There is no formula. If you want the most Talent...that is clearly the SEC. If you want the most undefeated seasons or blowout wins...dont come near the SEC. Your reference to LSU - Arkansas is a good example. LSU probably has the best talent of all SEC teams, and as you said, Arkansas kept them close and they lost to Tennessee earlier in the year(who we all know is quite poor this year). The fans of Pac-10, Big-10, Big-12 see this as weakness. I see matchups in the SEC that can make talent a secondary issue. It is the crowd noise and momentum and emotion that is unique to only the SEC that determines the outcome. Bowl games can't even accomplish the atmosphere that is present at an Iron Bowl, a cocktail party, or rivalries such as Alabama vs UT, Georgia vs. Auburn. SEC football at it's finest.
"When I know nothing, the possibilities are endless."
gogogadget
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:06 pm

KU is a good team but there is no way ISU should have lost today with all the breaks they got...
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:09 pm

It is the crowd noise and momentum and emotion that is unique to only the SEC that determines the outcome. Bowl games can't even accomplish the atmosphere that is present at an Iron Bowl, a cocktail party, or rivalries such as Alabama vs UT, Georgia vs. Auburn. SEC football at it's finest.

There defintely isnt emotion or good rivalry in any other confrences... ;-D
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby gogogadget » Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:11 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:
It is the crowd noise and momentum and emotion that is unique to only the SEC that determines the outcome. Bowl games can't even accomplish the atmosphere that is present at an Iron Bowl, a cocktail party, or rivalries such as Alabama vs UT, Georgia vs. Auburn. SEC football at it's finest.

exactly ;-D
gogogadget
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby HskrPwr13 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:38 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:KU is a good team but there is no way ISU should have lost today with all the breaks they got...

You wouldda thought. But then again, the Huskers beat ISU and was destroyed by KU. Theres no dominant team in the North.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Atog » Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:40 pm

gogogadget wrote:

exactly ;-D

You guys are serious?
I'll accept that everyone has an opinion of what the "best" rivalry is, but you can't say that there are no good emotional rivalries outside the SEC. UM-OSU is one of the top rivalries, and even a smaller one like UM-MSU is very emotional--the past two years it's gone to OT. Even if Drew Stanton had kept his stock up all year, there was talk that he wouldn't go pro just because he wanted to beat Michigan.
And those are just rivalries that are related to Michigan.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby HskrPwr13 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:58 pm

Atog wrote:
gogogadget wrote:

exactly ;-D

You guys are serious?
I'll accept that everyone has an opinion of what the "best" rivalry is, but you can't say that there are no good emotional rivalries outside the SEC. UM-OSU is one of the top rivalries, and even a smaller one like UM-MSU is very emotional--the past two years it's gone to OT. Even if Drew Stanton had kept his stock up all year, there was talk that he wouldn't go pro just because he wanted to beat Michigan.
And those are just rivalries that are related to Michigan.

I think the first one was meant to be... ;-7

I think theres a lot of SEC fans that dont realize that football is actually played outside that conference. I was watching the CBS halftime show of the FLA/FSU game. Not sure if it was Manning or the other fool, but one of the made a comment about how tough Arkansas was at 3-8, and how great a win that was for LSU to beat such a tough Arkansas team, and Arkansas would be at least 7-4 if they were in the Big12. I nearly LMAO! I guess now that ND owns NBC, the collective SEC has completely bought the SEC. Guess the other conferences will have to see which network they can buy.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby gogogadget » Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:47 pm

My first post was serious, my second was a little tongue-in-cheek. Maybe I used the wrong icon to indicate that. There are big rivalries outside the SEC. But it takes such games to even rival a normal SEC atmosphere at the prominent SEC programs. If you take the top SEC teams - Auburn, Alabama, LSU, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee. Match any of those two up. The atmosphere is greater or equal to that of any game in America. Collectively, you can't beat it. Some years you may even include Ole Miss and Arkansas into that goup. Some of you have stated that some fans in the south don't believe that football exists outside of the SEC. That furthers my point. It doesn't exist...to them. It's all that matters to them.
gogogadget
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to College Football