TO Grievence Denied - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

TO Grievence Denied

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby PapaPark » Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:46 pm

I guess I'm the only fan of T.O. around here

I'm gonna miss him the rest of this season.

Even Chad Johnson said he gets T.O.
PapaPark
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadScott » Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:53 pm

merc wrote:I agree with you, so far... let's see what happens when he takes the Bengals to the Super Bowl and they don't renegotiate his contract.
Why did Philly need to renegotiate TO's contract? He signed the deal he had willing, against the urging of the NFLPA at the time. No one coerced him into doing it. It's not like he didn't get a healthy signing bonus from the get go. The Eagles had a valid contract in place and had no need to renegotiate with TO.

Take it from a guy that watched TO come up through the ranks, even if the Eagles would have renegotiated his deal, it wouldn't have been the end of TO causing troubles. He would have found something else to complain about, someone else to throw under the bus or something not right in generalities. I've said it before and I've said it again, if someone really wanted to help TO, they would go get him some psycholigical help, dudes got issues.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesrule » Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:48 pm

good point. He did get his contract renogiated -- when he signed with the eagles.

The fact that people still side with him is very absurd.

He didn't "put philly on the map", he didn't "take them to the Super Bowl" -- how many yards/td's/catches did he have against the vikings/atlanta? That's right, NONE. The eagles didn't do anything they didn't do in previous years, other than make the super bowl, and TO had nothing to do with that.

He was found having "unprecedented conduct detrimental to the team" and the arbitrator believed he was doing this on purpose.

I suspect people who still defend him, didn't read the ruling.

Screw him, if he had shut up, he would have ALWAYS had some job/endorsement in philly. He would never have had been left wanting for notoriety or money in the area again. Philly villifies, but it also honors ...
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk