Clinton Portis: Boom or Bust - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Clinton Portis: Boom or Bust

Moderator: Football Moderators

Clinton Portis: Boom or Bust

Postby sharkbite69 » Fri Aug 23, 2002 2:13 pm

I've Picked up Clinton Portis of the free agent market. since then
his stock has gone up quite alot. I've been offered a few trades for him. What does anyone think he will really be worth?
sharkbite69

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby n_tremain23 » Fri Aug 23, 2002 2:20 pm

He's got a big thing going his way and another goin against him.The big thing is he's playing in Denver where RB's seem to have succeeded no matter who they are.He has to compete with Olandis Gary and Mike Anderson,Gary known to be injury-prone,and Anderson a huge surprise 6th round pick.He really only has to compete with Anderson,but that's not too promising as Anderson had a huge year last year.Portis might be able to compete and get decent playing job,but if Anderson goes down,it might be Portis's turn to shine!
n_tremain23

Postby sharkbite69 » Fri Aug 23, 2002 2:27 pm

I read that anderson was moved to full back, have things changed since davis stepped down?
sharkbite69

portis

Postby painintheballs12 » Fri Aug 23, 2002 3:05 pm

Anonymous wrote:I read that anderson was moved to full back, have things changed since davis stepped down?

anderson has been moved to fullback and portis is starting at tailback in the next game, this was based on his performance against San Fran
painintheballs12

Postby Bubba08 » Fri Aug 23, 2002 3:25 pm

Anderson was moved to fullback and Portis is tearing Gary up. I would say look for rookie of the year and 1,000 yard season barring injuries.
Bubba08

Postby Belmont » Mon Aug 26, 2002 2:27 am

Portis is going to be the starter and I think he will do well. I think about 1100 yards and 8 tds is not out of the question. I am going to try to nab him in the later rounds of my upcoming draft. Why do so many people draft before the preseason is over? That is really stupid.
Belmont

Postby Sad But True » Sat Aug 31, 2002 7:41 am

Portis is a dud. Don't get caught up in the Denver RB game. It is like trying to have every Ram's WR that will score--It is impossible. I suggest you find whoever has James Stewart in your league and offer a trade straight up. ;-D
Sad But True

Postby bzabodyn » Sun Sep 01, 2002 10:38 pm

Anderson is going to be one of the biggest surprises of the year - he actually is back in at HB, and as soon as Portis starts his signature "coughing" up of the ball, Anderson will be back on the game - i have heard from many places that Anderson is looking in good shape....
bzabodyn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby The Lung » Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:06 pm

Portis is a dud, huh? ;-^)

Of course, hindsight is always 20/20.
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby terpfan » Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:41 pm

wow... this thread is 16 months old. :-B
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk