10 team yahoo: Guy w/ 2nd lowest points in 1st place - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

10 team yahoo: Guy w/ 2nd lowest points in 1st place

Moderator: Football Moderators

10 team yahoo: Guy w/ 2nd lowest points in 1st place

Postby Members Only Jackets » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:35 pm

Hi

I'm starting to think LUCk is about 80%-90% of fantasy football. I have the 3rd most points in my 10 team yahoo league and I may not make the playoffs--but I probably will due to defult.--top 8 go (thank God or I would not make it)

An owner w/ the 2nd lowest point total, and lowest average points per week, was the first to clinch. For some reason he wins...and it's always something like 51 to 42..he plays really good squads at the best time. It's really funny actually.

Also, we went back and looked at his draft and discovered that e has nobody on his team from his first 10 picks.--AMAZING! He drafted Duece McCallister and TO..he dropped K Collins, Cinci def and M Clayton...along with Roy Williams.
Members Only Jackets
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CC » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:39 pm

Man, this argument has been had in at least 2 different threads this week.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jayday » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:42 pm

happens ALL the time dude.....
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:31 pm

This guy dropped Collins? Who were his other QB's, Peyton and Palmer??? Sounds to me like most of you guys are playing the wrong guys when it comes down to game time, not just luck. One, two even three games should be won on luck alone. The rest comes with either his skill level at picking the right matchups, or inadequate skill in picking the correct players by the other teams.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Members Only Jackets » Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:37 pm

He traded for Culpepper and decided to drop Collins a few weeks after. Now he's winning w/ Brunell.
Members Only Jackets
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby merc » Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:38 pm

Heck, I have the most points in our league but have 4 losses and am in third place. I won a couple of games by almost 80 points and lost my 4 games by less than 10 points each time... seems like total points are irrelevant except for a tie breaker.
Thanks Anx2a for the Custom Sig

[i]2006 Cafe TSN Ultimate Salary Cap Playoff Champion[/i]
merc
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bengbrewer » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:15 pm

So quit B!tching and play in a points league!
bengbrewer
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Members Only Jackets » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:18 pm

well, if I lose in this league I'll chalk it down to bad luck while calling the other guy lucky....(this makes me feel better)
Members Only Jackets
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby maddog60 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:26 pm

That's an anomoly, and usually most points will turn into a higher ranking. Just looking at my own leagues this year:

A: 1st and 2nd place are also 1 and 2 in total points respectively. 3rd through 7th are all between 800-900 total points, and the last 5 are all < 800 total points.

B: 1st place is 2nd in total points, 3rd place is 1st in total points, the top 6 teams are all of the teams over 1000 total points. The 11th and 12th place teams are the two lowest in total points.

C: The top three teams in points hold the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place rankings. The top 6 teams are the only teams about 900 total points. The 11th and 12th ranked teams are the two lowest in point totals.

D: The top 3 teams are the top 3 in total points. The 12th team is last in total points as well.

So, while there are a few exceptions, if you're one of the top teams in point totals, you will more than likely be a top ranked team in your league.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby merc » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:29 pm

So quit B!tching and play in a points league!
You talkin' to me?(De Niro voice off)

Man, seems like Thanksgiving Day stress(or is it Turkey withdrawal) is making some folks really grumpy? :-D

As for me, I have no bitch whatsoever... I love how FF is just like life, sometimes unfair and sometimes it is better to be lucky than good.

BTW, what is a points league?
Thanks Anx2a for the Custom Sig

[i]2006 Cafe TSN Ultimate Salary Cap Playoff Champion[/i]
merc
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Football Talk