College Football Game of the week- #23 Fla St. @ #19 Florida - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

College Football Game of the week- #23 Fla St. @ #19 Florida

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby goleafsgo96 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:22 am

Payne Dailey wrote:
sharptongued1 wrote:
Payne Dailey wrote:Call me pessimistic but I don't think you're going to win this week

Payne Dailey wrote:Florida 27 Florida St. 21

:-? :-? :-?

Free Bagel wrote:Florida 9999999999999999999999999
FSU 0

Still confused?

well you did say you didnt think they were going to win this week, then you picked them, i see why he is confused.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Payne Dailey » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:58 am

goleafsgo96 wrote:
Payne Dailey wrote:
sharptongued1 wrote:
Payne Dailey wrote:Call me pessimistic but I don't think you're going to win this week

Payne Dailey wrote:Florida 27 Florida St. 21

:-? :-? :-?

Free Bagel wrote:Florida 9999999999999999999999999
FSU 0

Still confused?

well you did say you didnt think they were going to win this week, then you picked them, i see why he is confused.

He took it out of context, I was writing about Free Bagels prediction.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby warrick95 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:32 pm

Fire Jeff Bowden. Retire, Bobby Bowden.

I have nothing more to say. This team is completely unmotivated and lacks any sort of fire to play the game of football. The coaching staff, especially offensively, has lost all control of the team. Something needs to be done to put some passion back into the players.
"The son of Bobby Bowden once again proved he's as predictable as a Julia Roberts' movie.

And upon further review, just as sappy, too."
-Naples Daily News
warrick95
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Trying to clog the leaky Bengals defense with plastic putty...

Postby HskrPwr13 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:21 pm

warrick95 wrote:Fire Jeff Bowden. Retire, Bobby Bowden.

I have nothing more to say. This team is completely unmotivated and lacks any sort of fire to play the game of football. The coaching staff, especially offensively, has lost all control of the team. Something needs to be done to put some passion back into the players.

I dont think Bobby needs to retire so much as just getting new coaches. Not like Bobby does any real coaching anyway. I agree that his son is a liability to him at this point. He needs to find another Richt and Amato.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby warrick95 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:24 pm

HskrPwr13 wrote:
warrick95 wrote:Fire Jeff Bowden. Retire, Bobby Bowden.

I dont think Bobby needs to retire so much as just getting new coaches. Not like Bobby does any real coaching anyway. I agree that his son is a liability to him at this point. He needs to find another Richt and Amato.

Well. there are multiple reasons why Bobby needs to leave.

1. It's more improbable that JB leaves if Bobby doesn't. Bobby has already proven that he won't fire (or even criticize) his own son, as he has deflected blame on Jeff each time out. It's never Jeff Bowden's fault. He blamed our loss to UF on turnovers and a couple of lucky plays. Well, at the half we were still only down 14-0, even after the two lucky plays of a dropped ball turned INT (note that the defense made the stop here) and the blocked kick TD. It's the offense's job to do SOMETHING out there against a team that Vandy ( 8-o ) dropped 42 on. The only real chance is if Jeff resigns, but who knows if he has the sack to do that.

2. Bobby, as the head coach, has to have control of the team and motivate them towards victory. Let's face it...he doesn't do it anymore. He can recruit, sure, but when it comes to gameday and getting his team riled up, he just doesn't do it anymore. The players look lost out there and do not have the passion to win. Fred Rouse was lauding Urban Meyer after the game and went to talk and joke with him...apologizing him for dissing him during the recruiting process. That may be the right thing to do morally, but jesus, Fred is supposed to hate the Gators. There's no more G&G pride running through their veins.
After the NCST loss, Bobby asked to meet Andre Brown, NCST's RB. What the hell is that? You're supposed to be irate at the loss, not looking to talk to an opposing team's player.
During the UF press conference, Bobby didn't look angry as he would've in the past.
Simple truth is, Bobby's over the hill.
"The son of Bobby Bowden once again proved he's as predictable as a Julia Roberts' movie.

And upon further review, just as sappy, too."
-Naples Daily News
warrick95
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Trying to clog the leaky Bengals defense with plastic putty...

Postby VaderFin » Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:13 pm

Chances of Bowden getting fired = ZERO. Chances of Bowden retiring = Slim as long as Joe Pa is still around. Last year he hired a new offensive line coach to "fix" the offense. He has got to fire Jeff but I just don't know if he will do it.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to College Football