Marino does what we all want to . . smacks Costas on air! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Marino does what we all want to . . smacks Costas on air!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby footballchick23 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:07 pm

I watched this the other day and must have totally missed it! I think I was too busy yelling at the tv about the whole Gates thing! I'll have to see if I can catch it again!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby FatFoot » Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:52 pm

It was during the Teeing Off section. Costas instead of Collingsworth as the ... question... guy... person.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby spodog » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:50 am

LouisC9999 wrote:Any links to the story or, even better, a video?

There really is no story.

This just happened on HBO's Inside the NFL. It will be on again on Saturday night and you can see it if you have HBO.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby spodog » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:55 am

FatFoot wrote:It's true, but it was all totally done in jest. Costas made fun of Marino's jacket, and Marino smacked him on the back of the head, like "whatsamatta witchew?" It was just horsing around. No need to go Merc on it and suggest that no TV anchors should speak without attorneys present. :)

Yes, it DID happen.

Yes, it was done in jest, but Marino was visibly po'ed at Costas. Marino is not one to be able to disguise his emotions very well, as we know, and you can tell by his body language and his demeanor that he would have preferred to give Costas a mouthful of fist instead of a semi-playful slap.

It is not something that is going to be "covered" as a news item, it was just an interesting exchange between these two on a show that is taped in an unrehearsed fashion.

I thought it would make for an interesting post as I'm sure many of us would like to pop Costa's (on air or otherwise) from time to time.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ampant » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:03 am

FatFoot wrote:No need to go Merc on it and suggest that no TV anchors should speak without attorneys present. :)

LOL. . . or start five threads about it.
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby CC » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:08 am

spodog wrote:Yes, it DID happen.

Yes, it was done in jest, but Marino was visibly po'ed at Costas. Marino is not one to be able to disguise his emotions very well, as we know, and you can tell by his body language and his demeanor that he would have preferred to give Costas a mouthful of fist instead of a semi-playful slap.

It is not something that is going to be "covered" as a news item, it was just an interesting exchange between these two on a show that is taped in an unrehearsed fashion.

I thought it would make for an interesting post as I'm sure many of us would like to pop Costa's (on air or otherwise) from time to time.

As seen by his little outburst towards Boomer Esiason last year. ;-D
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk