Coaches Who Should Be Fired - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Coaches Who Should Be Fired

Moderator: Football Moderators

Coaches Who Should Be Fired

Postby giants! » Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:06 pm

With the rumors of Mariuchi being fired, I will make my list of who SHOULD be fired.

The first coach that needs to go is Mike Tice. He has not been succsessful as a coach with just one playoff victory. Right now, his team is so bad that it has a losing record while playing against teams such as detroit and green bay. More importantly, he has been a distraction for his team. He was an idiot for scalping tickets which caused huge contreversy in minnesota for the wrong reason. THe final straw was the cruise on lake minnetonka, where he did not show control over his players and did not come out strongly against the media.

Secondly, Jim Hasslet should be fired. His case is one where he has enough talent, just he hasnt produced. His offense is a three headed monster with Aaron Brooks, Deuce Mccalister, and Joe Horn and Dante Stallworth. Even with these players, he has won just one playoff game during his tenure.

Thirdly, Dom Capers should be fired. His team is absolutely pathetic even after he had them for four years. This year, many predicted that with an improved defense that they would be a playoff contender and were very likely to go 8-8. However, they have the worst record in the NFL, and theyre d and o line have been absolutely pathetic.

Lastly, Brian Billick should be fired. Sure he won a super bowl, but his team finally has the weapons and they are still averaging just 11.6 points per game. Jim Fassel shuld be made head coach and let Billick be an offensive coordinater somewhere.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106][b]Visit the new and improved GREAT DEBATES forum.[/b][/url]
giants!
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Coaches Who Should Be Fired

Postby bagobonez » Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:13 pm

giants! wrote:With the rumors of Mariuchi being fired, I will make my list of who SHOULD be fired.

The first coach that needs to go is Mike Tice. He has not been succsessful as a coach with just one playoff victory. Right now, his team is so bad that it has a losing record while playing against teams such as detroit and green bay. More importantly, he has been a distraction for his team. He was an idiot for scalping tickets which caused huge contreversy in minnesota for the wrong reason. THe final straw was the cruise on lake minnetonka, where he did not show control over his players and did not come out strongly against the media.

Secondly, Jim Hasslet should be fired. His case is one where he has enough talent, just he hasnt produced. His offense is a three headed monster with Aaron Brooks, Deuce Mccalister, and Joe Horn and Dante Stallworth. Even with these players, he has won just one playoff game during his tenure.

Thirdly, Dom Capers should be fired. His team is absolutely pathetic even after he had them for four years. This year, many predicted that with an improved defense that they would be a playoff contender and were very likely to go 8-8. However, they have the worst record in the NFL, and theyre d and o line have been absolutely pathetic.

Lastly, Brian Billick should be fired. Sure he won a super bowl, but his team finally has the weapons and they are still averaging just 11.6 points per game. Jim Fassel shuld be made head coach and let Billick be an offensive coordinater somewhere.

I agree with all of the above. I think Norv Turner and Herm Edwards deserve consideration as well.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Coaches Who Should Be Fired

Postby Bennett4prez » Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:52 pm

giants! wrote:With the rumors of Mariuchi being fired, I will make my list of who SHOULD be fired.

Couldn't agree more, but the Vikings are .500 and his measley contract is up at the end of the season. With so many teams underperforming this year, the Vikings would be wise to hold out on Tice this year, sign an undeserving head coach that gets fired (Edwards, Billick) and possibly bring Tice back as an OC.

Another perfect candidate. This whole season people have been looking for a way to boost Saints fans' morale. Umm... how about firing one of the worst coaches over the past 5 years?

Capers never should have been considered for this job in the first place. Like Haslett and Tice, Capers should have been let go prior to this season, but he is what he is, and he deserves to be fired from the Texans.

Billick is good enough to be a head coach. If you win a Superbowl, you deserve a job, bar none. If the Ravens decide to go elsewhere, that's fine, but Billick will get a head coaching job again, no question. I understand, with the Ravens record, to bring his name up, but if I were the Ravens GM, I wouldn't fire Billick.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby maddog60 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:59 pm

On my list would be:

Dom Capers - 3 years and you still have the worst pass protection in football and have done nothing to improve it. He's gotta go.

Mike Tice - So much talent, so many short comings. They need to start eliminating weak links and Tice is the most notable one.

Jim Haslett - Like the Vikes, the Saints have had tons of talent, but no production. Unlike the Vikes they may need a complete overall, including possibly grooming a new franchise QB, and some major defensive upgrades, but first things first, Haslett's reign must end.

I think there are other coaches that should be on the bubble, namely: Billick (for an offensive-minded coach, he just get bring them what they need in Baltimore, an average offense), Martz (Rams have been on a downward slope since Vermeil left, and they should be retooling to use Jackson long term, that means a running game, and that means no Martz).

While I'd give them another year, Norv Turner, and Mike Mularkey will probably be leading candidates for the chopping block soon.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Vixtor » Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:10 pm

Marriuci (incase he isn't already)

Billick - Doesn't seem to have much control over his players on the field. See the game against the Detroit this season for one example. That he is supposed to be an offensive coach and the offense pretty much keeps getting worse every season also doesn't help.

Capers - Everyone involved in the Texans management and coaching staff needs to be fired.

Turner - Obviously.

Haslett - I'm not sure he is that bad of a coach but how many seasons do you give a man that is consistently mediocre?

Tice - Has no idea what he is doing.

Dennis Green might deserve another season or two but he is coming close to making the list.
The facts have no meaning.
Vixtor
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby klaxs258 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:21 pm

I deffinetly think billick should be on his way out of baltimore for a couple of reasons. One like everyone said hewas an offensive minded coach but that has just been a joke. Secondly he has no control of the players becasue the dont respect him. Finally because he thinks boller has what it takes to be in the nfl.

[b]Tiger Woods[/b]
2006 British Open Champion
Woods-11 Nicklaus-18
[b]Wins At Age 30[/b]
Woods-50 Nicklaus-33

[b]The Greatest Golfer ever Tiger Wood[/b]
klaxs258
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:36 pm

One coach who might get fired, but I don't think deserves it, is Jeff Fisher. The Titans are once again having a bad season, worse than expected even with all the changes they're making. There have been rumblings about Fisher for years but he has always gotten his team to over-achieve. Well, they're not this season, and he might pay the price for it.

I can't be sure how much of my opinions on this are blurred by how much I would love to see him coaching for the Lions. Too strong of a personality for Millen, though. :,-(

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Vixtor » Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:58 am

moochman wrote:One coach who might get fired, but I don't think deserves it, is Jeff Fisher.(

Wow, really? I haven't heard any rumors like that. Jeff Fisher is one of the best in the league.
The facts have no meaning.
Vixtor
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby RocketsDWM » Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:07 am

Herm Edwards? Can you really blame him for the fact that the Jets have no QB, no WR's and not RB to work with? That team simly has no talent.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby a4ce » Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:24 pm

Norv Turdner! Might be good as an OC but that's about it.

Bring on Linehan!
Cash Money Brothers! - PPR
QB: Romo and Luck
RB: Shady, Spiller, Sproles, Joique, Giovani, Miller, and Le'veon (IR)
WR: AJ Green, Wayne, Bowe, Thompkins, and Gordon (IR)
TE: Witten
K: Prater
D/ST: 'Hawks
Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K and D/ST
a4ce
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 6)

Next

Return to Football Talk