Coaches Who Should Be Fired - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Coaches Who Should Be Fired

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:43 pm

If Billick is fired and I owned the Ravens, I would offer Singletary the head coaching job. Obviously a risk, but from what I hear he is an amazing coach.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Coaches Who Should Be Fired

Postby giants! » Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:54 am

Matthias wrote: if you're going to open your mouth, make sure you know what you're talking about. the ticket thing was a minor story, not a distraction, and definitely not a "huge contreversy." and come out against the media? for what? reporting that his players were behaving badly? blah.

just as some players are good "locker-room" guys and contribute in that sense without necessarily being the best on the field (e.g., orlando cabrera his one year with the red sox) i would say tice is a good "locker-room" coach. should be a head coach? no. he doesn't have the game-planning necessary for it. but he is respected and liked by his players and fans for being a straight shooter who really just wants to win (even if he doesn't know exactly how it should be done). but tice was never really a head coach, anyways; he was just the cheapest that red could find and be halfway servicable.

billick is in the top 10, if not top 5, of coaching minds in the nfl. just because he has junk of a team doesn't mean putting in a worse bozo is going to improve things.

I dont understand, your second paragraph shows that you are agreeing with me that tice should be fired. His job is not a locker room coach, it is head coach. If he's not a good head coach he should be let go which is the title of the thread.

Billick does not have a crappy team. They should have one of the top 3 defenses with lewis,reed,suggs,mccalister with some other stars mixed in. He also has his hand picked qb in boller and he has a former all pro in lewis. In lewis's case, I blame Billick becuase Lewis is in a contract year and ism still not playing motivated. Theya lso have mason and heap to go along with the three young recievers, clayton, hynes, and moore
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106][b]Visit the new and improved GREAT DEBATES forum.[/b][/url]
giants!
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RubeRiot » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:05 pm

Bennett4prez wrote:Couldn't agree more, but the Vikings are .500 and his measley contract is up at the end of the season. With so many teams underperforming this year, the Vikings would be wise to hold out on Tice this year, sign an undeserving head coach that gets fired (Edwards, Billick) and possibly bring Tice back as an OC.

I'd LOVE to see Edwards or Billick in MN. Can you imagine what Billick could do with some talent on Offense?!?
RubeRiot
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Matthias » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:08 pm

giants! wrote:
Matthias wrote: if you're going to open your mouth, make sure you know what you're talking about. the ticket thing was a minor story, not a distraction, and definitely not a "huge contreversy." and come out against the media? for what? reporting that his players were behaving badly? blah.

just as some players are good "locker-room" guys and contribute in that sense without necessarily being the best on the field (e.g., orlando cabrera his one year with the red sox) i would say tice is a good "locker-room" coach. should be a head coach? no. he doesn't have the game-planning necessary for it. but he is respected and liked by his players and fans for being a straight shooter who really just wants to win (even if he doesn't know exactly how it should be done). but tice was never really a head coach, anyways; he was just the cheapest that red could find and be halfway servicable.

I dont understand, your second paragraph shows that you are agreeing with me that tice should be fired. His job is not a locker room coach, it is head coach. If he's not a good head coach he should be let go which is the title of the thread.

you get to the right conclusion, but for all of the wrong reasons. that's why i disagree with you.

in the universe of distractions that is the minnesota vikings, tice's tickets things was a minor issue and i still don't know what you mean by he mishandled the media on the lake minnetonka thing. if you're living in new york and not following the local minnesota media or talking to people who live there, don't make pronouncements on how a situation is being viewed by the fans.

tice is not a head coach. he never really was. he was a good offensive line coach that mccombs could get on the cheap. just like everything else in the vikings organization the past few seasons. so tice should not be fired as much as never hired. but not because of any distractions or off-the-field stuff... he just doesn't have the chops for it.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Matthias » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:09 pm

RubeRiot wrote:
Bennett4prez wrote:Couldn't agree more, but the Vikings are .500 and his measley contract is up at the end of the season. With so many teams underperforming this year, the Vikings would be wise to hold out on Tice this year, sign an undeserving head coach that gets fired (Edwards, Billick) and possibly bring Tice back as an OC.

I'd LOVE to see Edwards or Billick in MN. Can you imagine what Billick could do with some talent on Offense?!?

go 15-1. ;-D
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Wizzle » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:13 pm

1 down. Bye bye Moochy :-)
Wizzle
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby maddog60 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:49 pm

RubeRiot wrote:

This brings up precisely why Billick should be fired. He was brought into Baltimore because he was supposed to be an offensive genius. Now that he's got one of the premier left tackles in the league, a former 2000 yard rusher and probably the best backup RB in the NFL, a quality receiving TE, one of the most underrated quality #1 WRs, a 1st round pick WR, his offense is still garbage.

Edwards in MN would be scary, but Billick, no. Billick has to prove that he can build an offense again, because he's simply failed miserably in Baltimore.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Bennett4prez » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:28 pm

The thing about Billick is that he is HORRIBLE at developing talent. Mark Clayton, Kyle Boller, etc. have all (to this point) been heartaches. But, look at the defense. He is one of the best coaches at getting players to play at their utmost potential. Ray Lewis, Chris McAllister, Ed Reed, Jamal Lewis. He takes very good players and makes them amazing. With Minnesota already having a lot of talent on both sides of the ball and not many "projects", I think Billick would be a very good fit back home in Minnesota.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Bennett4prez » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:39 pm

The thing about Billick is that he is HORRIBLE at developing talent. Mark Clayton, Kyle Boller, etc. have all (to this point) been heartaches. But, look at the defense. He is one of the best coaches at getting players to play at their utmost potential. Ray Lewis, Chris McAllister, Ed Reed, Jamal Lewis. He takes very good players and makes them amazing. With Minnesota already having a lot of talent on both sides of the ball and not many "projects", I think Billick would be a very good fit back home in Minnesota.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:53 pm

VaderFin wrote:
moochman wrote:One coach who might get fired, but I don't think deserves it, is Jeff Fisher. The Titans are once again having a bad season, worse than expected even with all the changes they're making. There have been rumblings about Fisher for years but he has always gotten his team to over-achieve. Well, they're not this season, and he might pay the price for it.

I can't be sure how much of my opinions on this are blurred by how much I would love to see him coaching for the Lions. Too strong of a personality for Millen, though. :,-(

The Titans are rebuilding and management knows it. I see almost no chance of Fisher getting fired.

Fisher is very safe in Tenn. We got demolished by the cap and yes everyone including mgmt knows it. He is a very good coach and a respectable person. He doesent do dumb things to get himself in trouble and is liked in the community. Although a couple of years ago I did see him drinking a beer in the mall with his wife and kids. He gets more points in my book for that. ;-D

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk