Ravens RB situation for 2006 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ravens RB situation for 2006

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ravens RB situation for 2006

Postby biju » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:24 pm

Ok, I think it's fair to say that Jamal Lewis has been a giant bust this year and it's become common knowledge that he hasn't been trying since he didn't receive a new contract this year. I also strongly believe the Ravens have no desire to re-sign Lewis due to this.

What I find interesting though is that Chester Taylor, the heir apparent, also has his contract expire at the end of this year. The only RB they currently have on contract past this year is Musa Smith.

I think this might be the reason they haven't fully benched Lewis in favor of Taylor--if he did well they would have to pay for his services. In the current case they can get him for cheap for at least one more year as he "proves himself" worthy of a starting spot.

It seems like there's going to be quite a bit of free agent talent in this off season so if Taylor decides to "test the water" instead of re-signing with the Ravens might put Musa Smith as their "starter", even if they go for some other talent. Does this seem possible, or do the Ravens sign Taylor in the off-season?

-M
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bravos of Steel » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:39 pm

If I'm the Ravens, I re-sign Taylor, than find another QB of the future. (IE Brady Quinn or Omar Jacobs maybe?) It's Obvious what they're doing isn't working, and Boller is definetly is not the answer. If Jamal really is not trying on purpose he deserves no place on this team. Make a fresh start next year, NEW QB and Taylor, and get your D back to what it used to be.
Bravos of Steel
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby jh2031 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:42 pm

Bravos of Steel wrote:If I'm the Ravens, I re-sign Taylor, than find another QB of the future. (IE Brady Quinn or Omar Jacobs maybe?) It's Obvious what they're doing isn't working, and Boller is definetly is not the answer. If Jamal really is not trying on purpose he deserves no place on this team. Make a fresh start next year, NEW QB and Taylor, and get your D back to what it used to be.

I agree. They should keep Taylor...dump Jamal and find a future QB, that's what they really need. If they keep losing they may be able to get Leinart because we know SF isn't going to draft another QB and HOU has Carr and I don't think they'll make a switch just yet. Miami is also looking at a QB.
jh2031
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby PapaPark » Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:51 am

My prediction is that Priest will be back in Baltimore for the 2006 season. Taylor will stay as the back up and Lewis will move up to play for the Jets.
PapaPark
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby klaxs258 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:57 am

We got even lucky to have chester on our team this year. Clevland had him locked up but we managed to get him another year. He will definetly test the market. There is so many talented runningbacks that are FA's such as SA edge and priest and they could try and build a team around a player likethat. I really dont see us going after priest just due to age. We are looking for a ranchise player such as SA or edge. As for jamal he will definetly be gone at the end of the season

[b]Tiger Woods[/b]
2006 British Open Champion
Woods-11 Nicklaus-18
[b]Wins At Age 30[/b]
Woods-50 Nicklaus-33

[b]The Greatest Golfer ever Tiger Wood[/b]
klaxs258
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby PapaPark » Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:03 am

I can tell you right now that Edge and SA will be with the current teams for 06.
PapaPark
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mystykoekaki » Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:09 am

PapaPark wrote:I can tell you right now that Edge and SA will be with the current teams for 06.

Those teams would be very ignorant to let those back go. I agree.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Guttpuppy » Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:30 am

Looks like they are gonna see what Chester Taylor is made of to determine his value for next year...

David Ginsburg, Associated Press - Perceiving his disappointing season to be the product of fewer carries, running back Jamal Lewis figures the Baltimore Ravens have decided to cut his playing time to take a hard look at backup Chester Taylor. Lewis, averaging a meager 3.0 yards per carry, has been told that Taylor will receive more work over the final six weeks of the season. Lewis accepted the news with a shrug of the shoulders, mainly because he knows there's nothing he can do about it.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby SniperShot » Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:35 pm

PapaPark wrote:My prediction is that Priest will be back in Baltimore for the 2006 season. Taylor will stay as the back up and Lewis will move up to play for the Jets.
Not totally out of the question but I do think the Ravens will want fresh Blood. I sure hope Billick gets fired or else we might just end up seeing Priest back in Baltimore.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby skibrett15 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:25 am

I doubt priest would play for anyone but vermeil. I could see Ahman in BAL, but that would be a bad move I think, a bad move that I could see BAL making.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Next

Return to Football Talk