Randy Moss: Good buy low candidate? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Randy Moss: Good buy low candidate?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Randy Moss: Good buy low candidate?

Postby bd0493 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:34 pm

Would now be a good time to make an offer for Randy Moss with the hope that he can reestablish himself as a WR1 down the stretch?

How's he doing health wise? Do you think at any time this year he'll be back to the physical condition he was when he tore it up in his first 4 games, and if so, how soon?

Do you think he'll be 100% this weekend? Any Raiders fans with better knowledge on the situation?

What is everybody's opinion on this?
bd0493
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ActiOnJunkie76 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:05 pm

I read, he is almost 100%........
Record 8-2-0 PF 960 12 Team Leauge
basic scoring
1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE 1 DST

QB Brees/E.Manning*
RB EDGE*
RB R.Brown*/M.Barber/G.Jones/C.taylor
WR T.Holt*
WR R.Moss*/Engram/R.Brown
TE J.WItten*
K N.Reckers*
DST Bears*
ActiOnJunkie76
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby UNDEFEATED » Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:22 pm

NO.

The offense doesn't favor Moss at all.

Raiders passing offense is centered around Lamont and route runners.

Randy has never been a route runner.

I commented the other day that Randy is not in the top 20 targeted wrs. Terrible.

Randy should not complain too much. If he were a better all-around wr maybe he would get looks. Other than running deep and out running DBs. He isn't much of a real wr.

He is like Ken Griffey Jr. Lives off his god-given skills. Never becoming a complete player that practices hard at EVERTYTHING.

This is not a Randy Hater post. I am glad he is a Raider but he doesn't fit in this offense.

That is why Norv Turner is going to have the Hammer hanging over his head in the offseason.

If Turner leaves whats gonna happen to Lamont?
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby UNDEFEATED » Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:23 pm

also...that info above is for a redraft league. Next Season Moss could be very good if the OC or Randy Moss were ever on the same page.

If you want to gamble on him for dynasty/Keeper leagues. Thats an automatic yes.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby RubeRiot » Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:52 am

UNDEFEATED wrote:If you want to gamble on him for dynasty/Keeper leagues. Thats an automatic yes.

I'm not so sure I agree.
I've had Randy on at least one fantasy team for the past couple years, and I'm a Vikings fan, so I've really paid a lot of attention to him.
He definitely has the talent, but he has gotten very injury prone. The good news is he doesn't mind playing hurt, but the bad news is that he is getting hurt more often the past couple years.
He's still close to the top for potential, but I really don't think he'll keep producing the way he has in the past.

IMO.
RubeRiot
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Football Talk