Maybe USC isn't so great... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Maybe USC isn't so great...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:38 am

I was myopic all year about USC but what Bagel is saying makes sense. I still feel they are a team who can win it all this year but they are not quite as good as I origionally thought.

The teams that usually do well against USC are teams who can pass and run the ball effectively when needed. Fresno, Notre Dame held the recipe for beating USC but couldn't quite get over the top. Texas doesn't seem to pass that well and I feel USC might simply out pace them in a scoring barrage. But who knows I hope I'm wrong so I can get back at my USC friends after they beat UCLA.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Cards24 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:45 pm

We can debate this thread to death, However USC not only will win the National Championship (Another NC for the Pac10) but my prediction is for another National Championship blow out ;)
Best Damn Fantasy Football League
Cards24
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)

Postby CC » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:04 pm

Cards24 wrote:We can debate this thread to death, However USC not only will win the National Championship (Another NC for the Pac10) but my prediction is for another National Championship blow out ;)

I think you added an extra "0" on Pac-1. :-b
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:21 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
Cards24 wrote:We can debate this thread to death, However USC not only will win the National Championship (Another NC for the Pac10) but my prediction is for another National Championship blow out ;)

I think you added an extra "0" on Pac-1. :-b

No need to throw the smiley in back of that. If you said it tongue and cheek then I will gladly repeat it while being totally serious.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby kevinoc81 » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:19 pm

VaderFin wrote:No, Notre Dame almost beat them...thus, they are the greatest college football team of all time. ;-7

No, Michigan, Miami, USC, etc., etc., etc. (plug in your favorite team here) is the greatest of all time and Notre Dame should not even be mentioned in the same breath!

Just thought I'd clarify what you really meant to say, HATER!!!
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby HskrPwr13 » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:31 pm

kevinoc81 wrote:
VaderFin wrote:No, Notre Dame almost beat them...thus, they are the greatest college football team of all time. ;-7

No, Michigan, Miami, USC, etc., etc., etc. (plug in your favorite team here) is the greatest of all time and Notre Dame should not even be mentioned in the same breath!

I agree with this! ;-D
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:00 pm

I never really felt USC was as good as their record suggests... I'd like to see them play in the SEC, or even the ACC... I don't think they would even be ranked in the top 5 if they had to play the likes of Georgia, Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Miami, Va Tech, FSU, etc. on a yearly basis...

They tend to oustcore opponents wildly, but they allow a good number of points themselves... I'd like to see what they can do if they actually played a school with a top-notch defense....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:03 pm

HskrPwr13 wrote:
kevinoc81 wrote:

I agree with this! ;-D

;-D
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:58 am

Plindsey88 wrote:I never really felt USC was as good as their record suggests... I'd like to see them play in the SEC, or even the ACC... I don't think they would even be ranked in the top 5 if they had to play the likes of Georgia, Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Miami, Va Tech, FSU, etc. on a yearly basis...

They tend to oustcore opponents wildly, but they allow a good number of points themselves... I'd like to see what they can do if they actually played a school with a top-notch defense....

I'm almost positive the Bears could beat them, but only if Orton takes care of the ball. ;-)
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby ShoelessJoe » Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:54 am

Just to reinforce the arguement that USC isn't that great. LA Tech is currently laying the wood to the powerhouse that tested USC last week known as Fresno State.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to College Football