Lelie rumors - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Lelie rumors

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Mudd » Thu Sep 18, 2003 7:01 pm

I believe the reason Lelie started last week was b/c the Donkey's first offensive play was a reverse to Lelie. Shanahan has said that all three will be used like starters.
Mudd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Quagmyron » Thu Sep 18, 2003 10:17 pm

Nice to see a fan without an itchy trigger finger, Orange and Blue. And those 3 TD's that Plummer had were all in the first half, correct? Not bad for half a game's work ...
Quagmyron

Friendliness: %

Postby Longshot » Thu Sep 18, 2003 10:29 pm

not bad against a chargers defense featuring a whopping 4 returning starters on defense, 0 returning DBs and only one or two players over the age of 25. The chargers will be giving up 400+ yards to opposing offenses until at least midseason, when hopefully all the young guys and new guys start putting everything together.

That said, I was at the game last week and Plummer did look a lot better than week 1 (he couldnt really look worse though, could he?). His passes are generally pretty crappy though and it seems like the constant thought in the back of his mind is "I KNOW I can get a first down if i run right now", and that seems to kill his whole rhythem. Of the 3 touchdowns given up, 1 was to a completely wide open man, not a soul near him within 8 yards, and one was a miracle catch. I wouldnt say either of those were brilliant on Jake's part.

As for Lelie, you know hes going to be great for one very clear and undeniable reason: Madden 2004 says so. Anyone who has a franchise knows that Lelie is the man in about 2 or 3 years down the road. This means he will be the man in real life as well, and these facts are not arguable - madden has spoken.
San Diego, SuperChargers
San Diego, CHARGERS!
Longshot
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ben_ffc » Fri Sep 19, 2003 3:07 pm

longshot, more to the point, plummer looked bad against a bengals team that made gannon look even worse. apparently, my bengals give passers a rough time!

ok, i'm trying to believe what i just said. no, i do...(believing in the bengals is hard work, people!)...and when plummer faces less intimidating secondaries, and as he continues to integrate the complicated denver system, he will excel.

as he excels, so will lelie. have faith, kids.

b
yeah...yes
Ben_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk