Return to General Talk

311 beats up Scott Stapp.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Homeless » Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:53 am

Ned Flanders rulz ;-D
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby kashikis » Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:19 pm

J2thez929 wrote:Scott Stapp is such a pansy!

Yes he is!

also 311 and Ned both rule, with 311 getting the slight edge.
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby DUKE » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:35 pm

I was never a huge 311 fan, but they've just earned some points imo for busting up Stapp. When I accidentally hear a Creed song being played, I get sick to me stomach.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby mutantseabass » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:42 pm

Nice job 311, too bad it wasnt Glen Danzig.

Next time crush Stapps adams apple, make the world a better place.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby J2thez929 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:43 pm

mutantseabass wrote:Nice job 311, too bad it wasnt Glen Danzig.

Next time crush Stapps adams apple, make the world a better place.

LMAO! That has to be one of the funniest things i've read here in a while :-b ;-D
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ljthockey » Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:39 pm

DUKE wrote:I was never a huge 311 fan, but they've just earned some points imo for busting up Stapp. When I accidentally hear a Creed song being played, I get sick to me stomach.

I was never very fond of them and I have grown up in Omaha. It is cool though that when they come to back to omaha they put on free shows for us.

I hated Creed though ;-D
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby josebach » Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:42 pm

Man, half you guys that hate Creed loved them in their hayday. They had some good sh!t and just because Scott Stapp is a "Christian rocker" now doesn't mean their music wasn't good before. Do you have any ideas how many albums they sold?

Not only that, but would it make you feel any different if the entire event was on video and the head of security said that 311 started the whole thing?

"But Jonathan Jordan, director of security at the hotel, said the incident was captured on security cameras. He said Stapp was "attacked" by several members of 311 and that it took two security guards to break up the fight.

"It was definitely started by 311," Jordan said."

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Music/1 ... index.html
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby J2thez929 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:32 pm

josebach wrote:Man, half you guys that hate Creed loved them in their hayday. They had some good sh!t and just because Scott Stapp is a "Christian rocker" now doesn't mean their music wasn't good before. Do you have any ideas how many albums they sold?

Not only that, but would it make you feel any different if the entire event was on video and the head of security said that 311 started the whole thing?

"But Jonathan Jordan, director of security at the hotel, said the incident was captured on security cameras. He said Stapp was "attacked" by several members of 311 and that it took two security guards to break up the fight.

"It was definitely started by 311," Jordan said."

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Music/1 ... index.html

Dude, don't get me started on Stapp. I'm not dissing the fact that Creed sold a lot of albums and I enjoyed their first one a lot. I just really dislike Stapp b/c he thinks he is the second coming of Jesus Christ and everyone should worship the ground that he walks on. So I just wanted to clear up the fact that I'm not a "Creed hater" or "Christian rock music" hater. I actually enjoy many bands like TFK, Kutless, and Pillar ;-D
Last edited by J2thez929 on Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby logan » Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:50 pm

i never cared for creed ever. and if 311 did start it that makes me even happier as his stuck-upness needed to be put into place. this certainly isn't the first time he has annoyed someone in another band. hell he annoyed his own band mates for that matter. so much so they left aband that sold millions to do a whole different band. lots of awful artists sell tons of records. that fact doesn't mean much of anything.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby josebach » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:19 pm

I'm not saying Scott Stapp isn't an egomaniac with a propensity to emulate Jesus Christ, it's just a little funny that they sold 30 million albums yet NOBODY ever admits to having liked them.

Well, I for one will go against the grain and say I liked and bought both of their first two albums. (Their third album pretty much sucked).

Does that make me a loser? If it does, then at least I am an honest loser.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk